Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Newbie saying hi :)

I found this site while looking for skoolies. Basically, this is what I'm doing here...

I live with my boyfriend in Michigan and I will be selling my house in Georgia very soon. My boyfriend and I are very adventurous people and want to live life to its fullest. I have decided to use the money from my house to buy a skoolie so that we can travel and have a home away from home. I am VERY new to the concept.

This will essentially be my purchase so I will have to do most of the work myself. My boyfriend agreed to take care of electrical and plumbing which is awesome because I know nothing about that stuff. This will mostly be my baby though. Because of that, I would prefer to find one that is mostly done. That way I can take what's there and make it my own.

My boyfriend works from home and I am currently unemployed so we wanna take to the road and experience life. I'm sure I will be needing LOTS of advice from you all so I look forward to joining the skoolie club!.... Assuming I can find one...

khelek41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:39 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by khelek41 View Post
I found this site while looking for skoolies. Basically, this is what I'm doing here...

I live with my boyfriend in Michigan and I will be selling my house in Georgia very soon. My boyfriend and I are very adventurous people and want to live life to its fullest. I have decided to use the money from my house to buy a skoolie so that we can travel and have a home away from home. I am VERY new to the concept.

This will essentially be my purchase so I will have to do most of the work myself. My boyfriend agreed to take care of electrical and plumbing which is awesome because I know nothing about that stuff. This will mostly be my baby though. Because of that, I would prefer to find one that is mostly done. That way I can take what's there and make it my own.

My boyfriend works from home and I am currently unemployed so we wanna take to the road and experience life. I'm sure I will be needing LOTS of advice from you all so I look forward to joining the skoolie club!.... Assuming I can find one...
Welcome to our skoolie community! You will find loads of info here. I just posted a nearly finished skoolie for sale in Miami in the classifieds. I look forward to seeing your bus progress, once you get started!

Sandi
Living full time on my Skoolie!
www.thismidwifetravels.com
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Do you have a link for the classified ad? I'm sure by the time my money comes in, it'll be sold, but I still would like to look at it. Thanks!
khelek41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by khelek41 View Post
Do you have a link for the classified ad? I'm sure by the time my money comes in, it'll be sold, but I still would like to look at it. Thanks!

No link. If you go to the classifieds, the description and her phone number is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote