Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #1

Newbie who'd like some opinions

Hi skoolies! I've been spending a lot of time reading through the forums and have finally started looking for a bus. I haven't found much on govdeals or public surplus mostly, I think, because I'm hoping to purchase something closer to home...in Maryland. I did come across this one on Craigslist and was wondering if anyone with a bit more experience then a newbie could give their thoughts on it....
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/4794688397.html

BarefootGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:57 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootGypsy View Post
Hi skoolies! I've been spending a lot of time reading through the forums and have finally started looking for a bus. I haven't found much on govdeals or public surplus mostly, I think, because I'm hoping to purchase something closer to home...in Maryland. I did come across this one on Craigslist and was wondering if anyone with a bit more experience then a newbie could give their thoughts on it....
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/4794688397.html
There is a few things about it I personally wouldn't want, but we may not have the same goals and needs in a bus. Also Montgomery county Maryland seems to auction quite a few buses on a regular basis. Their buses tend to be flat-front Rear engine Thomas body, with Cat engines. $2000-2500 has been the price range that I have seen.
So are you in a hurry to get a bus?
What are your wants/needs?
How do you intend to use it?
How tall are you? Roof raise?
What skills do you have?
Where are you thinking of doing the conversion?
There is a bunch of questions that need to be answered before an educated opinion can be offered.
Tell us about you and we can help steer your quest!
Malkieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
You need to be more vigilant and more patient.
I'm in Fl and I'm CONSTANTLY salivating at the deals that pop up on Maryland buses.
New Jersey, New Hampshire, Kentucky, Virginia... They are always auctioning buses there.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote