Back at it after a break for the holidays (and Oregon rain
It turns out the caulk I used for all the windows (Big Stretch) take 1-2 WEEKS to cure, so the 5 dry days I had wasn't quite enough. Most of the caulking ran out and I had to redo a lot, which I then covered with a tarp and it seems to be holding up nicely *fingers crossed*!
My buddy came over and helped me plane and sand down some pallet flats, slowly but surely getting through those! (check out the video below).
Ground off the metal bracings that the seats attached to, might be good for a roof rack or mounting solar, so into the keep pile they go!
Also put some Great Stuff into the bracings onto the floor to help insulate and cut off the excess. Might be overkill, but every little bit counts!
Got some lumber for the subfloor, ran into some more issues. My friend gave me some awesome 1" ISO from his roofing company, but they don't sell 1" board. Everything is planed down and the actual width is 3/4. So had the idea to go with 2x3's, and cut them down to 1" width. That way I get two 1x1.5 planks and only have to buy half the boards!
Well, it would have been, but they were out of tablesaws at the tool library, so I thought I would make due with a bandsaw.
Not a good idea, broke the blade in 1 second. So back to the drawing board, figured I could rig up a jig
with a board clamped on two sawhorses to give me a 1" cut. Worked mildly better, but I ran through two batteries after only two boards, so I guess I will have to wait for the right tool.
On a side note, battery powered circular saws are a waste of freaking time. I guess they could be handy for the odd job, but I was sincerely disappointed with the run time. Guess it's my fault for wanting to be mobile, I'll know better for the future..