Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2021, 05:53 PM   #1

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Me, when I can find A place to work on it
Chassis: Thomas MVP ER
Engine: CAT 3116 / ALLISON 3000
Rated Cap: 40’
Noobie to Skoolie!

Name's Brad. Have '97ThomasER/Cat3116/Allison3000
Apartment dweller in Portland,OR. needing other space/storage to work on my ”Skoolhaus”! Can't do much from the 4th floor.

I'm recovering from a parking enforcement "move it or lose it" scenario where after I was vandalized with someone trying to hotwire a Cat3116, took the switch out of the dash totally screwed up the electrical.

The business next door called parking enforcement and was latching on just as I was returning from parts run to fix the 1st problem. Had to stay the night in the bus as they won't tow an occupied RV (homeless issues).

They unhooked, but then I couldn't fix the electrical damage due to the stress of the situation. With impound vultures lurking, I had to call a tow and find a fleet shop to trace wiring.

Buses are an expensive tow much less $125hr feet mechanic. Came out $1500 lighter due to that night. Don't want to do that again! !

Can afford a meager rent, can make it up in trades... (DIY help). Got my 3T's (m'terials, tools & e'tricity} ready to build. If storage is all you can offer, I could take it off site to do my work... no problem!

My operation is portable. No engine work or painting will take place on your property. A 10' x 30' swatch would be a life saver. If someone in the PNW has a spot to work, please message me with any ideas...
Thanx!

gibsonbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 05:59 PM   #2

Howdy!

I'm Belta9,

A noob with reasonable good sense. I am not sure if I want to do a total build myself, find a half done job or one that needs some fresh paint and gear etc.

My main issue is that I am 5'2" and need to find something I can actually drive!

So far you guys have been super helpful and I so appreciate that!

I am considering building out a van for myself and maybe doind a build to rent out in place. I live way in the mountains.
Belta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:02 PM   #3

oops this should have been it's own intro...sorry!
Belta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:37 PM   #4

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Me, when I can find A place to work on it
Chassis: Thomas MVP ER
Engine: CAT 3116 / ALLISON 3000
Rated Cap: 40’
Howdy!
I’m only 5’ 6“ Ex trucker and heavy equipment operator. so you’re only lacking 4 inches, that actually means you can drive anything.
gibsonbc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion thomas bus, help please!, intro, new bus owner, workspace