Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2020, 04:12 PM   #1

Not a skoolie, but still…

Hi, I’m new here -

I’m trying to do my homework and prepare for a double decker bus conversion I'd like to undertake, but I’m not going the normal RV route.

I would like to make a mobile vinyl record and vintage audio shop. I was going to use a standard school bus but, after running across the cover of The Who’s album Magic Bus on Tour, I decided that I REALLY want to use a double decker! I figured the record shop could be on the first floor and am as of yet undecided on the second floor – perhaps a listening lounge or maybe an arcade! Either way, a massive crazy painted 2-story bus should get people’s attention and (hopefully) draw a crowd.

A buddy of mine who recently completed a bus-to-rv conversion said he thought a lot of info here would cross over and potentially be applicable to my project.

I’m looking forward to digging around and finding what everyone’s done with their projects. I’m sure I’ll come up with questions for the collective along the way (after using the search function, of course).

- Chris

anti_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
One issue with skoolies is that from time to time you have to leave them sitting out in the sun, where they'll heat up to temperatures plenty hot to warp vinyl LPs - as any child who grew up in the '70s and left their records in the car can tell you. I think the only way you could preserve your stock would be to keep the records in hanging underbody storage bins; essentially you'd be storing them in the shade of the bus and they wouldn't really get hotter than the ambient air temperature.