Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2018, 06:43 PM   #1

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Navistar/International 3800
Engine: Navistar/International DT444E
Rated Cap: 25,500
Not just a lurker anymore...

Hello all!
My name is Michael, and I've been lurking around these forums for months, reading everything and doing research. Thanks to everyone that posts here - this has been the single best source of information that I have found regarding skoolies.

I finally created an account today, because I bought my bus! After much research I decided on a 2000 International 3800 six-window conventional with a DT444E and Allison 2000. My plan is to convert for full-time living, and I absolutely plan on taking full advantage of the trials that y'all have been through with your own skoolies

Just got my first couple of insurance quotes, and I'm actually encouraged by what I'm seeing from Progressive Direct. Had what seems to be the usual experience with esurance (current provider) and a couple others that won't talk to you until the converstion is done. Anyone had any recent good experience with other insurers? I'm in California.

One other thing I'd like to hear about if anyone has any experience is interesting / innovative ideas to re-use the wheelchair lift. My bus has a back door, I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience on moving the lift to the back to function as a way to lift a small motorcycle onto a rack or deck for transport? Any other uses?

Thanks for sharing all of the wonderful information, hopefully I will soon be knowledgeable enough to return the favor!

Michael

Woobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intro + noob questions