Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2024, 05:48 PM   #1

Question Not sure

Hello all,

My wife and I portray Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus everyday and we are wanting to get a vehicle that we can use for some road trips that we can stand up in, and we need very little else to be comfortable. But we recently ran into some issues when it comes to registration. No one wants to register your road trip vehicle as anything other than an RV. And you need a primary vehicle with it. But the road trip vehicle will be our primary.

So what I am trying to figure out is a vehicle that we can put a full size bed, a potty and a cooler for necessities. So really a regular conversion van would work except for standing up.

So here's my question. What kind of vehicle should/could we use that just by putting a bed in it we don't have to register it as an RV. I have in my head a Conversion van with hightop, a Sprinter van, a skoolie or a shuttle bus like used at airports. I could really use some advice

The Wandering Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 06:17 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
Find a high top van

Some vans used in wheel chair application have a fiberglass “topper” on the roof.

Kinda looks like a fiberglass John boat upside down on the roof. Won’t be an rv, will be tall enough for most 6’5” people to stand.

William
magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
registration, skoolie