Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 24
Orangebus says howdy

I like picnics, walks by the seashore, campfires...wait a minute did I say that out loud?

Anyway I bought a 95 Genesis last year and redid the interior professionally (cabinet maker, etc) I am, And loading up all I own, ready to move and kablammy , motor problem.

I call it Orangebus because it's very very orange.

Pictures forthcoming if it's easy to do here.

I'm in Texas moving to Arkansas.

Thanks, Terry
orangebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:27 PM   #2
Bus Crazy
 
milkmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oklahoma aka "God's blind spot"
Posts: 2,372
Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebus View Post
I like picnics, walks by the seashore, campfires...wait a minute did I say that out loud?

Anyway I bought a 95 Genesis last year and redid the interior professionally (cabinet maker, etc) I am, And loading up all I own, ready to move and kablammy , motor problem.

I call it Orangebus because it's very very orange.

Pictures forthcoming if it's easy to do here.

I'm in Texas moving to Arkansas.

Thanks, Terry

What I've learned in life.....
Never ever "plan" for anything!
Tell us more about your cabinets... A lot of us are in planning stages.
What's the motor problem? Which motor?
Welcome aboard

Where you headed to in Arkansas?


Edit:
Geez....
Looking back at my post makes me think I've had way too much caffeine!
__________________
I once complained I had no shoes....
Until I met a man with no feet
milkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:36 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
What I've learned in life.....
Never ever "plan" for anything!
Tell us more about your cabinets... A lot of us are in planning stages.
What's the motor problem? Which motor?
Welcome aboard

Where you headed to in Arkansas?


Edit:
Geez....
Looking back at my post makes me think I've had way too much caffeine!

Thanks, Murphy and his stupid law.

I worked in a cabinet shop for awhile and they had about 500 doors that were rejects,wrong size, etc and they said tak 'em , so I. Did and found a common size in height we made fit the wall panels just right, solid oak, hickory, cherry and made cabinets, kitchen and bath from same , every body says it came out nice.

plus a bunch of other stuff.

That would be a good resource for Skoolies , every cabinet shop has them and you could probably get some cheap or free.
orangebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:41 PM   #4
Bus Nut
 
Thomas1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Fayetteville Arkansas
Posts: 419
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: GMC G3500 Vandura
Engine: V-8 5.7L Gas
Arkansas for life! That is also my favorite color. Welcome.

-Thomas
Thomas1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:35 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas1985 View Post
Arkansas for life! That is also my favorite color. Welcome.

-Thomas
Thanks, yu are near where I am headed, Beaver lake thereabouts .

How's things?
orangebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #6
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Greater Houston, Tx.
Posts: 583
Beaver Lake IS a beautiful place to be heading. Where ya leavin' from?
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:05 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olfart View Post
Beaver Lake IS a beautiful place to be heading. Where ya leavin' from?
Burned up Bastrop county Texas outside of Austin.

I ain't never done been to Arkansas but the pictures look good.
orangebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:54 PM   #8
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Greater Houston, Tx.
Posts: 583
Thus the Orangebus...... I should have known. In the 70's I did a lot of camping, and too much golf at Bastrop State Park. {went to SWTSU ) THE fire broke my heart. Our daughter now lives in Springfield Mo. so we travel thru Ok and Ark and love the parts of Eastern OK and N/W Ark. that we see. The 1st time I saw Beaver Lake ,in 1972, thought it was the most beautiful lake I'd ever seen.
Good luck to you
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:17 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olfart View Post
Thus the Orangebus...... I should have known. In the 70's I did a lot of camping, and too much golf at Bastrop State Park. {went to SWTSU ) THE fire broke my heart. Our daughter now lives in Springfield Mo. so we travel thru Ok and Ark and love the parts of Eastern OK and N/W Ark. that we see. The 1st time I saw Beaver Lake ,in 1972, thought it was the most beautiful lake I'd ever seen.
Good luck to you
Thanks for the encouragement.

As you probably know, that park is literally gone.

There is no good reason for staying here, nothing pretty anymore, county is going down the drain, been here over 20 years and it's just an armpit now.

Park is closed for 5+ years.
orangebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:03 PM   #10
Bus Crazy
 
milkmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oklahoma aka "God's blind spot"
Posts: 2,372
Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olfart View Post
Thus the Orangebus...... I should have known. In the 70's I did a lot of camping, and too much golf at Bastrop State Park. {went to SWTSU ) THE fire broke my heart. Our daughter now lives in Springfield Mo. so we travel thru Ok and Ark and love the parts of Eastern OK and N/W Ark. that we see. The 1st time I saw Beaver Lake ,in 1972, thought it was the most beautiful lake I'd ever seen.
Good luck to you
which way do you come up? through all of Arkansas? Or up through Oklahoma?
I'm in SE Oklahoma, 18 miles southwest of Fort Smith AR.
__________________
I once complained I had no shoes....
Until I met a man with no feet
milkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:30 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
which way do you come up? through all of Arkansas? Or up through Oklahoma?
I'm in SE Oklahoma, 18 miles southwest of Fort Smith AR.
Well the plan is to stop at a friends farm in Paris Texas and park awhile and build him a house or something.

then head up to Beaver Lake when the weather breaks , probably through Texarkana or something.

You must be near there.
orangebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:57 PM   #12
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Greater Houston, Tx.
Posts: 583
We usually stop at our son's house in Keller, Tx. then shoot up 35, right in OKC, thru Tulsa, then straight over on 44. We take the more pleasant way home. Down thru Rogers, Ark (near Beaver Lake), then right on 40, near Van Buren. After that it just depends on our time frame. That whole area is really nice.
I drove up to Van Buren, a few yrs. ago to buy a 1 owner '81 Ford truck. Love the area.
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:05 PM   #13
Traveling
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,573
Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebus View Post
Thanks, Murphy and his stupid law.

I worked in a cabinet shop for awhile and they had about 500 doors that were rejects,wrong size, etc and they said tak 'em , so I. Did and found a common size in height we made fit the wall panels just right, solid oak, hickory, cherry and made cabinets, kitchen and bath from same , every body says it came out nice.

plus a bunch of other stuff.

That would be a good resource for Skoolies , every cabinet shop has them and you could probably get some cheap or free.
I have a bunch of raised panel cherry doors from when I ran a CNC machine in a high-end cabinet shop- thanks for idea!

What he said is true- Go around back and ask shop manager for rejects. Salespeople out front are clueless.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:19 PM   #14
Bus Crazy
 
milkmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oklahoma aka "God's blind spot"
Posts: 2,372
Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olfart View Post
We usually stop at our son's house in Keller, Tx. then shoot up 35, right in OKC, thru Tulsa, then straight over on 44. We take the more pleasant way home. Down thru Rogers, Ark (near Beaver Lake), then right on 40, near Van Buren. After that it just depends on our time frame. That whole area is really nice.
I drove up to Van Buren, a few yrs. ago to buy a 1 owner '81 Ford truck. Love the area.
In state park 7 miles south of Van Buren at moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (277.1 KB, 2 views)
__________________
I once complained I had no shoes....
Until I met a man with no feet
milkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:22 PM   #15
Bus Crazy
 
milkmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oklahoma aka "God's blind spot"
Posts: 2,372
Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebus View Post
Well the plan is to stop at a friends farm in Paris Texas and park awhile and build him a house or something.

then head up to Beaver Lake when the weather breaks , probably through Texarkana or something.

You must be near there.
Holler when you come through!
If you're coming through Texarkana, you'll be passing through Fort Smith.
__________________
I once complained I had no shoes....
Until I met a man with no feet
milkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:40 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
Holler when you come through!
If you're coming through Texarkana, you'll be passing through Fort Smith.
Well thank you kindly, I'll let you know
orangebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×