There is much to do, but the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Demo itself is several full days.
There is a thread you can read on painting
1. Do we need to thin our paint (rustoleum)?
Many advise this particularly if you are spraying
2. Will we need to sand the whole bus? If so, what grit?
3. Many talk about washing the paint with TSP or acetone or just dish soap. Is it necessary to use the chemicals or is dish soap enough?
Probably dish soap is fine
4. We will need to remove the stop sign and arm. What do you use to patch the holes with?
Bondo, silicon caulk, construction adhesive, epoxy, fiberglass etc
5. Will any paper/newspaper work to tape up the windows and bumpers?
6. How many gallons did you need to cover your bus? Mine is 40 passenger.