Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2019, 09:27 AM   #1

Oye yee!!!

Aye yee!
I’m Cap’n Peckish aka Ian. Peckish is my burning man name As of now I don’t have a bus yet but very soon I will. Research, research, research! Filling up a notebook with every bit of pertinent information I can find. Before my purchase and build come April.

A little about me:
My home town is Detroit, Michigan.
I work on the road. I’m in my home town once a week for two nights, sometimes a little less than that. My job is an event manager for experiential marketing at the auto shows across North America. Traveling for work has been my custom for over 6 years. And prior to that I was a wanderlust traveler just for kicks. And prior to that when I was a wee one my parents owned a small single engine airplane that we vacationed in. So, travel is in my blood from the get go.
As far as building skills go. I used to flip houses then the market dried up so I slowed down and just fix up houses and rent them. Currently have three rental homes. One of the homes I gutted and incrementally replaced 60% of the foundation. Being said, I’ve almost did it all when it comes to construction. However engines are a different story, those things have always been a pain in my booty. Mostly because there isn’t any room to work in modern compact vehicles and to get to the broken part you have to remove a bunch of other stuff. But I will not be deterred in this journey of life! Anything is possible and that goes for the good, the bad and the ugly.

What I plan on for my skoolie:
Once it’s built I will use it accordingly in regards to my travel season working at auto shows. When my work season is full swing I plan on hunkering down close to an airport my employer can fly me in and out of. Preferably in a climate that isn’t too cold.
Once April rolls around the bulk of the shows are done so then that means it’s time to roll on the open road! So I’ll be doing a little bit of boondocking, a bit of camp grounds and when needed Walmart parking lots.
It will be just me with the occasional visitor from my home town. With me always traveling for work it is rather difficult to have a girlfriend. Being said I’m a professional single. Hah hah oh no those aren’t sad tears. Lol one day, maybe.
This skoolie is going to burning man with me. I’ve done my time roasting in single person tents and it’s time for an upgrade. Go big or go home... or drive your home over there and then there.... hahah!

Why am I here you ask?
Well this forum is a plethora of information and experience! And what better way to get off to a good start and avoid common mistakes than to do some reading and asking of questions. My personality has a deep urge to do things right the first time. Now I haven’t always been successful at this but I’ve gotten better through a lot of active experience seeking.

If there are any local skoolies in the Detroit area or the surrounding area that’d be great to connect. Maybe tour your build and chat about the skoolie life. Message me!

Well that’s me in a few paragraphs!

KuyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noob