Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2022, 06:26 PM   #1

Year: 00'
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: GMC Savana
Engine: GMC Savana 3500 V-8 MPI
Partner(s) for skoolie/rv/flip shop

Not sure how this is going to go but...
I didn't know where else to turn.
I'm a home improvement contractor that does all his own automotive work as well. Had my skoolie since 2017. She has solar, a Mini split, hardwood floors. Full roof deck and all insulation but life gets in the way and haven't had a chance to finish entirely. Not great at posting or updating at all. There's just too much to do alone.
Hence the reason for starting this thread.
I am in North central Massachusetts but also have a single family house in the finger lakes region of upper state New York that I plan to rent out seasonally.
I have a cargo Van, my GMC Savana 3500 skoolie, A pickup truck, And in the process of obtaining R v's and campers.
I am closing on a warehouse rental near my location in Massachusetts where I plan on doing bus conversions, flipping R v's and campers, and building tiny homes. And finally finishing up my dear Meri

My hopes is to get the warehouse into a position to help fellow travelers on the road for repairs ect ( no staying there unfortunately but that may change in the future )

The problem is that there is only one of me and it is getting daunting doing everything alone. Obviously I can't drive more than one vehicle at a time, moving items and working on things is challenging as well.

I don't know how to advertise this anywhere so that's why I came here to see what you guys say. Guess I am looking for sincere, honest and open minded individual or individuals that may want to assist on this journey.

I'm living my dream, in a way...

Thanks
Gus and Meri
Attached Thumbnails
20211203_122105.jpg  

Merideth Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 08:11 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Hi Gus and Meri,

I'm not your guy...but I wanted to say that I really like how you wrote and shared this. I got a sense of "real" from reading it.

My only suggestion might be to add a bit more about the ideal candidate. Are you looking for someone skilled in any particular areas? What level of experience do you want? Would your partner need to bring capital to buy in/invest?

I have a couple thoughts in mind but would love to read more about the right fit before I send anyone your way.

Best wishes and nicely done!
rossvtaylor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:34 PM   #3

Year: 00'
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: GMC Savana
Engine: GMC Savana 3500 V-8 MPI
Thanks for responding. I know my post is a bit vague. I should be more descriptive in my pursuits. The opportunities are endless as well as the needs. Need help driving, working on the air bnb house in NY, the warehouse. Someone with building skills etc etc��
Merideth Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 02:01 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Phantom
Engine: 50's series Detroit
I know of a very talented builder looking for this very situation. However I hesitate to pass this along because the details aren't presented yet. I'm sure they need to know things like- parking for their skoolie, any hookups available, local resources, pay structure, partnership structure, who you are and how you conduct business, etc. Do you have a business plan? I think if all these were ironed out you'd have some good leads. I'd be happy to lend my design skills to help you with a logo & website at a discounted rate, whenever you get ready for that stage. You can email me at myboyfriendsnameiscoffee@gmail.com
beachtomountains is offline   Reply With Quote