Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2021, 10:55 AM   #61
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
This thread is hilarious!

Bunch of grown up folks behaving like jr high school kids just looking to say anything that will draw attention to them. This thread has nothing to do with working out Skokie build issues but instead has everything to do with addressing ego’s and spoiled attitudes!

I hope you all got it out of your systems, if not then go to church, confess your sins, drink some holy water (alcohol) and go out and fix your bus, help a friend fix his bus and just enjoy the ride that life has given us a chance to enjoy!

Life is too short to be squabbling on this thread.

Let’s just ry to agree on this one thing, for today, life is great and today I would like to go out and give someone a helping hand !

I personally want to thank everyone who has taken the time to share their thoughts and opinions. Many I may not agree with but many were so spot on that all I can say is thank you all!

ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 04:07 PM   #62
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Does anyone have a smoke I can bum ?
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 12:30 AM   #63
Bus Crazy

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatman View Post
Got ya covered sir, might be a little stale by the time they clear customs and USPS
Oscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:55 AM   #64
Bus Crazy

Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Special delivery on it’s way!
Attached Thumbnails
8FAE7482-BA59-488B-B535-14EEC5F0E7EB.jpeg  
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:55 AM   #65
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post
Oh man, I wish I had Sweet N Low!
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 01:46 PM   #66
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post
Man if you can deliver in that SWEET & LOW ride, I’ll take a whole box and smoke 1/2 of them with you !!!

I apologize OP !!!
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 05:53 PM   #67

Year: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMac View Post
LoisWade's is teamed up with MelWade, check out thier build thread here:
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/f...-re-36326.html
They're are doing nice work. Raised using the same threaded rod method, as yours. (Doing well, also.)
LOL... now I feel pretty silly. Hubby already started the thread that I just posted we were too busy to work on. (facepalm) LOL!
LoisWade42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 06:32 PM   #68
Almost There

Quote:
Man if you can deliver in that SWEET & LOW ride, I’ll take a whole box and smoke 1/2 of them with you !!!

I apologize OP !!!
Don't be sorry lol lets see how crazy this party can get
IC08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 05:41 AM   #69
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I don't think anyone noticed, but this guy just came off a 30 day ban. Don't even know why he's here, as he doesn't own or want a bus. My guess is if he continues with this attitude, he won't be here long.

BeNimble, I have over 200 Thank You PM's here for my help, how many do you have?
As usual, you are WRONG again.
BeNimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 09:02 AM   #70
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNimble View Post
Other than 01marc, who can't help anyone with anything, most people here go out of their way and waste their time to help people. I'm pretty much done with it.

The answer to a roof raise, is don't do one. Get another vehicle that doesn't need the roof raised. It is pretty simple. But what I find is most people are looking for the answer they want, not what is truely helpful, and don't appreciate anything other than cheerleading affirmation of their poor decisions.

The forum is full of delusional people not wanting to face reality, which is clearly the case building an old worn out 40ft school bus into a motorhome as a 'cheap' or 'easy' way to get 'freedom'. Freedom is not having a burden to carry. What is more burdensome than a 40ft long 30,000lb house on wheels that is hugely expensive to keep moving around. Get a tent trailer. See the youtube channel of a guy who lives in his Prius with his dog. That is freedom. See cheaprvliving channel too, where people are not stuck in a rut thinking a school bus is the only answer.

btw, thanks for the opportunity to speak up.
bbtw, I'm spending my time lately building a $400 electric trike with a motor I made of out of a free golfcart and free microwave ovens and free prius batteries.

You've got me crying

Well that answers that.

Nice knowing ya!
Old 09-08-2021, 03:18 PM   #71
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
I'm still laughing at the "get a tent trailer" to be "more free."

Where in this city am I going to set up my tent trailer? Where out of the city? At the little gas station on the side of I80 in Nebraska where I slept? I don't think I would sleep too well in either case. And what a PITA to set up. If it's raining already, pooring rain, then what? What if all I want is a two-hour nap before I continue to drive?

The bus is so stealth (painted right, and with tinted windows and black-out curtains). A box van might be just as stealth, but again, if it's pooring rain outside and you gotta walk back and forth between the cab and the roll-back door, it sucks. And no windows in the box truck, or it looses its stealth.

Still waiting to see BeNimble actually finish one of those odd projects he starts. They look really neat to play with.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:57 PM   #72
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Gnome View Post
I'm still laughing at the "get a tent trailer" to be "more free."

Where in this city am I going to set up my tent trailer? Where out of the city? At the little gas station on the side of I80 in Nebraska where I slept? I don't think I would sleep too well in either case. And what a PITA to set up. If it's raining already, pooring rain, then what? What if all I want is a two-hour nap before I continue to drive?

The bus is so stealth (painted right, and with tinted windows and black-out curtains). A box van might be just as stealth, but again, if it's pooring rain outside and you gotta walk back and forth between the cab and the roll-back door, it sucks. And no windows in the box truck, or it looses its stealth.

Still waiting to see BeNimble actually finish one of those odd projects he starts. They look really neat to play with.
A while ago I saw a box truck with a full glass wall with a glass sliding door in it a couple feet inside the roll up door. It was like a nice hotel room in there. If I were a long term city camper I’d do that. Wish I’d gotten a photo
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:00 AM   #73
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjo View Post
A while ago I saw a box truck with a full glass wall with a glass sliding door in it a couple feet inside the roll up door. It was like a nice hotel room in there. If I were a long term city camper I’d do that. Wish I’d gotten a photo
Trying to envision this. Was the first few feet like a porch area between the roll door and sliding door? That'd be kinda neat I guess, but I'm not sure I'd sacrifice usable interior space for it.