Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2015, 12:09 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

perry & T200

Read a lot lot lot before I decided to join. But you have to join to ask questions and perhaps add a tidbit or two of useful info.

This is a Perry and a T200

That is several years back and a '67 Suzuki 200cc 2 stroke, I built out of a motorcycle in a box. I've used the name on a few message boards and just kept it.

In an 1/8 mile tuned right it would out run most Harleys. On the 2 lane highway it cried. I got passed one day by a 24 man poker run. I was going to the golf course in shorts and a pink shirt. I got stuck in the middle at some bridge construction by 24 guys in black leather. Week later traded it off and bought a '72.. Guess you could say I am ole school.

I told them next time they passed me and wasn't in fear for their lives it was because I let them go by. Somehow perryCB750four just didn't work.

Mostly I just read the forums for useful information and some decent entertainment as others enjoy their builds and travels. I have since found out that the really entertaining threads get deleted, but oh well.

Years back locally a friend had a NASCAR bus, the bus died and then so did he. (unrelated) Might be looking for something to take to a race or two. I also hunt with several locals and we would like to plan some out of state trips. Something with heat and some bunk beds would be ideal. Of course right now I am in the herding cats stage.

Aside from my wife having (how do you spell coniption fit) if I got a bus I would have to get rid of some of my other toys. Really torn, I like my toys.

perryT200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

My 2nd bike was a CB750. Loved it!
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
The CB's were great bikes...but for raw power...2-strokes rule!

(from an ancient retired road racer)
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:53 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Yeah, my first bike was a 175cc 2stroke that I bought in a bunch of boxes. The night I first got it to hold an idle I rolled it down off the porch and climbed on. Never been on a motorbike before. Revved, popped the clutch, and wheelied into the bushes!
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Yea...that weedwhacker/chainsaw ring-ding sound be deceiving.

But it sounds like you got back on and kept after it.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Real problem is I would have to get rid of the Datsuns. I like the Datsuns. Since I have a daughter in college, I will probably have to get rid of them anyway.

I only finished one. Meant it for the daughter to drive at 16. At 6'4" I don't fit in it with the hard top on anyway.

At home I started to get this chin music. Doesn't have an air bag, no shoulder harness only a lap belt, any big truck could drive right over the top of it. Yadda Yadda. So I asked my daughter, 14 at the time, "Why did Mom let my by three of these things if she never wanted you to drive it?"

She replied, "OH, mom never thought you would get one done."

When the starter fried, I just parked it and quit working on the next one.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:54 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Ford e-450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 14
I like your tastes!
I had MANY Datsuns-mainly 510's-but a few 110's-a couple of pick ups And a 1600 roadster. Unfortunatly it was too far gone rust-wise for my skill+space at the time. Alas-being in New England all of them have turned into iron oxide. And I was loyal to Mr. K up until 80's Sentra's. Crappy cars-and nothing of interest after that. Sad.
SPL-311? Tall windshield?
BTW- I had a vanity plate on mine the short time on the road. NOTA-MG.

my bus build https://www.skoolie.net/gallery/Skoolies/Sped
sdwarf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:02 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

I have the done one, that is a 67 short windshield. I have another 67 and a 69 high windshield with enough between the two to make a running car.

They are all 1600s.

but we haven't even gotten to the beater. I use it 2 months a year for hunting season and the wife would want it to go to.

Besides my driveway doesn't have enough room for what I already have and a bus too
Old 12-18-2015, 01:39 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: Your mom +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
but for raw power...2-strokes rule!

(from an ancient retired road racer)
You're not kidding, my first street bike was a '73 Kawasaki H2 750... That thing was scary fast, and at highway speed you could turn the bars from lock to lock and keep going straight because it has so much torque you're up on the back wheel only... Still need to rebuild it and get it back on the road... Scary fast...
slaughridge85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 02:55 PM   #10
Bus Geek

What?...an H2 "scary"??? --- Roger that!

Famed Indy racer A.J Foyt owns a Kawasaki dealership here in Houston. In '72 when the H2 first hit the dealership, a buddy who worked there was pulling wheelies for blocks up and down the freeway feeder road. A.J. pulled in and was impressed and decided he just had to try out the new model. He got about 75 feet...lost it and broke his ankle. And this was just a couple of days before he was scheduled to run the Daytona 500. He couldn't let the officials know about it so he wrapped it up real tight and went on to win the 500 that year. Story is he went straight from the winners circle to the hospital.

The only machine I ever found to be scarier was a tweaked Yamaha TZ-750. Without a doubt the most brutal machine I ever sat on.