Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Chassis: Step Van
Engine: Prefer Diesel
Rated Cap: 14'-16' Step Van
Planning and Plotting

Hello all!
My name is Doug. I have been a member of TNTTT.com for over a year, but have decided to change my course. For those of you that may not have seen that sight, it is pretty much like this one, but focuses on Teardrops and Tiny Travel Trailers...hence the name TNTTT. Anywho, over the past year plus I have decided to NOT go the route of building an enclosed trailer as a camper, but to CONVERT either a Shuttle Bus, or Box Truck. Seemed this sight was more closely related with my planned build. Therefore, I am hoping the site admin can add a new subforum with those headings. Dont know if others would be offended with me posting a build or questions for my build under say "Short Bus" forum. I have looked at, measured, and designed layouts for: 7x16x7 Enclosed Trailer, 3 different Shuttle Buses, 2 different Box Trucks, and even 2 KUVs (those cutaway vans with service bodies). I am heavily leaning towards the Shuttle Bus however.
On the personal side I am a single man in my early/ mid 40s. I have experience in Aviation Electronics(Navy), Communications Tech, and many life lessons from dear old Dad,and Grandpa. While I could no way carry a telephone pole over my shoulder as Grandpa did back in the day, they sure did teach me a lot of general self sufficiency. I have medium plumbing skills, and medium to good woodworking skills. I plan to do 99% of work myself. No I cant rebuild an engine or trans, but probably most else I can, or atleast ATTEMPT
I have already purchased much of what I need for the build in anticipation of doing the enclosed trailer mentioned above. Years ago I had done an ambulance I could have full timed in, but it was just for fun. This build however will be my primary residence once completed. I do have a good "homebase" to work from for the next year-ish.
I learned A LOT from TNTTT website and the people on the site. I highly recommend it if anyone interested. But I am sure I will learn as much here. Especially with the added components the revised build will have. Hope to hear from as many of you as possible.

Doug Furr

Defjr333 is offline   Reply With Quote