Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Can you fix 101 on your own? Their fix doesn't sound right to me. What are they powering with a toggle switch? This could get you into some deep debt if you need replace the starter and solenoid, cables, and any othe wiring associated plus the labour. Also you let some of the smoke out of the starter, that's a no-no.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:28 PM   #22
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
Can you fix 101 on your own? Their fix doesn't sound right to me. What are they powering with a toggle switch? This could get you into some deep debt if you need replace the starter and solenoid, cables, and any othe wiring associated plus the labour. Also you let some of the smoke out of the starter, that's a no-no.
I know a little about it. It's a easy fix instead of 102 major oil leak. And on 101 the toggle switch is going to tied in to the starter or seliod to crank it

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bus_102_ View Post
Yes 101 and 102 has all wheels and lights. 102 don't have the front school bus lights on which it's no biggy cause they gonna have to come off anyway

Don't be offended here- but I think you really should back off, let these piles go, and learn up on buses while you save up for something worth buying. We're all trying to be nice and find nice ways of saying those buses look and sound like scrap.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:31 PM   #24
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Don't be offended here- but I think you really should back off, let these piles go, and learn up on buses while you save up for something worth buying. We're all trying to be nice and find nice ways of saying those buses look and sound like scrap.
Yea. I know y'all trying to help. I gonna take pictures of all five buses and post them and what y'all think about them too

Old 05-06-2017, 10:37 PM   #25
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
In just another month, you can find a good bus from a school that's retiring their buses. There's govdeals(dot)com and public surplus(dot)com. You should really be patient and look for a better bus. At least you'll have more choices. Most of these buses also come with maintenance records over the years....down to every detail.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2017, 12:40 AM   #26
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeamiss View Post
In just another month, you can find a good bus from a school that's retiring their buses. There's govdeals(dot)com and public surplus(dot)com. You should really be patient and look for a better bus. At least you'll have more choices. Most of these buses also come with maintenance records over the years....down to every detail.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Awesome.