Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2020, 03:25 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Smile Ready to get going :)

Hello everyone! I already love this group and just how much I’m learning poring over old posts.

Safety is our top priority, so that’s the primary reason we’re fans of chrome yellow, but it doesn’t hurt that they look so awesome, as well

We haven’t bought a bus yet, because we have prohibitive city ordinances iced with HOA restrictions and costly / limited parking options as the cherry on top, BUT we refuse to let that deter us. Necessity is the mother of invention, right?

We think we want a mid-size, dog nose, automatic with whatever best combination of engine and transmission we can afford (I have a nice list from all your discussions about what to look for, and what to be cautious about). We’ll be using it for short trips, initially, but our travel radius will no doubt expand as our kids get older. Our kids also love rock climbing, and we love dispersed camping, so we need something that can put up with a little bit of fun ;)

We’re also open to completed conversions, given our frustrating locale, but we’d be looking for something with super solid systems in place (e.g., electrical, plumbing). We're happy and able to add our own version of pretty once we're the proud owners ;)

We definitely will have questions, but for now I’m finding with a quick search most have already been asked and answered ten times over! When I find the rare issue that hasn’t, I’ll reach out hat in hand!

Thanks again!!!

Kristine

MamaPoplor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:43 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
As a fellow californian my best advice is to get the heck out of HOA land. I tried to talk the city into allowing me to ad an additional upper panel to my garage door so I could get my bus off the drive. Oh No, no way, wouldn't look right etc. I solved the problem by sawing out the garage floor and lowering it 9 inches--bus slips right in but what a PITA. My solution won't work for you so you'll have to get creative.
Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:00 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

LOL - we did measure out our garage to see if we could eek out enough height! I get your point on moving, but since that isn't possible right now, we'll get creative LOVE your bus, btw.
MamaPoplor is offline   Reply With Quote