Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Chassis: Step Van
Engine: Prefer Diesel
Rated Cap: 14'-16' Step Van
Returning member.....

So a while back, I left this forum due to some disagreements with admin actions, and to do a different project while taking some more time to determine how I want to proceed on my "final build".

I am happy to see during my time away, the issue with a member and admin look to have been resolved and hope all parties concerned in that dispute are no longer an issue. I will not dwell on that topic, but hope others can understand how it was a contributing factor to be leaving for an extended period of time.
As for the other project, it is now complete. It was/ is, a street legal ebike that I plan to use in conjunction with my "RV" conversion build. I wanted a way to explore/ move around, without the worry of vehicle size or headaches involved in driving something that would not fit in many parking areas. I could not find a "pre-manufactured" bike that met my demands. Any interested in that project can find it here:
https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...need-your-help

With all that being said, I hope I am accepted back on this community, as I have decided once and for all, my final choice in vehicle for my conversion. I will be going with a STEP VAN! After many, many test drives, measurements, floor plan drafts, and other headache inducing thoughts, it just meets my needs and plans. I will make a post in the proper areas once I get something started in earnest.

I just wanted to make this post to announce my return, and hope for more great, and invaluable input from the members here. I could not have done my ebike build without the input of that forum, and I know from prior experience that the members here have more to offer than I can even hope, or be thankful for.

Defjr

Old 09-27-2019, 12:20 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Nice to see you back.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Glad to see YOU (ECCB)here. Before moving to my "other" project, you gave me a lot of insight and encouragement that can not be overlooked. The "issue" you had with the site and a different user was one of the main reasons I stepped away and focused on my other build. Seeing that has been resolved and knowing all you have helped others with makes me hopeful I can finally get mine started, and completed with some help from you and other members.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:08 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defjr333 View Post
Glad to see YOU (ECCB)here. Before moving to my "other" project, you gave me a lot of insight and encouragement that can not be overlooked. The "issue" you had with the site and a different user was one of the main reasons I stepped away and focused on my other build. Seeing that has been resolved and knowing all you have helped others with makes me hopeful I can finally get mine started, and completed with some help from you and other members.

Its a great forum. We have so many great folks on here and thats what makes it so great. We lost Don aka Tango recently. He was our best and brightest.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:13 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Wow. I had many great conversations and am saddened to hear this. Tango was one of many I have great respect for. Sorry to hear this.....
Old 09-27-2019, 01:34 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Startrans
Chassis: Ford e-350 single wheel
Engine: 5.4 litre
Rated Cap: 12
Would that be issues with somebody named nat ? If so , he is long gone but I heard that he still can read this sight.
leadsled01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Rather not get too deep into specifics. But, one of the people on this forum that has given me a lot of insight and help was booted, which left me with out a great informational contact. I will not comment on the hows or whys, just that I felt I was better off moving on to my other project. With that being completed, I popped on here last night and was surprised/ happy to see that person was back and had been posting his usual helpful info to those asking for it. That is what led me to logging in as a member and deciding this forum has too much info and is just too great of a knowledge base to ignore and not use. Now that I am "all in" on this conversion again, i hope to make some serious progress and document my conversion. It is ironic said person was the 1st to greet me back, and within minutes of my post. Speaks a lot of his integrity and him as a person. And a d@mn good cartoon as well
Old 09-27-2019, 02:36 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
We lost Don aka Tango recently. He was our best and brightest.

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote