Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2020, 09:59 AM   #1

Safe places...

Hi all! I am new here to this website, which I think is really cool. I have a 2001 Thomas freightliner school bus, 34 feet. I have already partially converted it, so it has running water, a stove, bedding, etc. I’m headed from Oregon to Salt Lake City, Utah, and I was wondering if anybody had suggestions as to where I could rent, or stealth camp. My last bus was a 2003 Chevy Minotaur which was a lot easier to bunker down in a city. This bus’s size makes that a little more difficult ;P Any suggestions for Salt Lake City or the surrounding areas? Thank you all so much!

HippieLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Winnebago
Chassis: Ford F53
Engine: Ford Triton V-10
Rated Cap: currently 2
Is your bus still yellow or has it been painted to no longer look like a school bus? Do you need shore hook-ups or are you self-contained? How long are you looking to stay in SLC and do you intend to remain parked or come and go during your visit and if the latter will it be in the bus, a towed car, or public transportation? These are all factors that can help the community find an appropriate location for you.
Sehnsucht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 12:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehnsucht View Post
Is your bus still yellow or has it been painted to no longer look like a school bus? Do you need shore hook-ups or are you self-contained? How long are you looking to stay in SLC and do you intend to remain parked or come and go during your visit and if the latter will it be in the bus, a towed car, or public transportation? These are all factors that can help the community find an appropriate location for you.
Hi!
I have painted the bottom half of the bus black, I am self contained (solar and compost), and probably six months. I will purchase a separate vehicle once I get down there. Thanks for the help!
HippieLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slc, stealth camping