Scared and excited: '87 Thomas 40' bus
Landlord is selling the house where we've lived for the last seven years. We have a beach lot we are selling, then we will buy a new place closer in. We can't find a good interim place that will take our dogs.
Buy a bus.
So here we go. We've got about a month to make it livable. I've got a place out in the country to park it while we work on it and when we are living in it. Once we are in it, we can work on it as we go.
Live off take out for the first couple of weeks.
1) Stove and bed so it can be registered as an RV.
2) Water, sink, toilet (fresh/gray water tanks, composting toilet, salvaged sink, sink cabinet)
3) Power: propane generator to start with, but a renogy premium 200w kit to start with. Also getting an inverter.
1) Is it okay, generally, to purchase used freshwater holding tanks? If so, is there anything but a bleach soak/rinse that I need to do to them?
2) Propane versus gas-powered generator?