Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2020, 07:33 PM   #1
Scared to Post

scool bus in europe

Hi folks,

I'm a total newbie, read a few pages in this forum and thought maybe I can get a few useful advises from the pros. I'm european (swiss) and I'd like to buy a U.S. school bus in order to have lots of fun driving my friends to U.S. car shows and my soccer-kids-team to the games one weekend out of two. I found a short 1994 Bluebird CV200 (20 places) with a GM 366 gas engine and an Allison automatic transmission with 100'000 miles.

In Europe, gas is more expensive than in the US (6,62$ a gallon in Germany, 6,5 in Switzerland etc...), so the mpg rating is more important too.

I wonder what mpg rating I can expect from a short 5t Chevy with a GM 366 engine? I read many notes about mileage here, but it is confusing for a newbie.

Should I look for a Caterpillar Diesel Engine CV200? Those Bluebird CV200 are my favorites, I like their shapes the most. ...And my biggest problem is that I just love pushrod V8s... the CATs are inline 6 T_T What do you think? And how does a GM366 feel like, compared e.g. to a CAT 3126?

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Blue_Bird_CV200

Anyway greetings and wish you all the best

cheeser is offline   Reply With Quote