Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #1
Scared to Post

Secondhand Skoolie?

Hello!

I’m new to the Skoolie community, I’ve only been following for 2 months or so now, but I know this what I want/need to do.

I’ve had some experience traveling with only what I could carry, abroad, with my then 15 month old, for a year,. Living in a variety of other people’s housing, from construction site of self sustainable house to modern half glass home. As well as an extremely tiny apartment (less square footage then a full-size bus) with another adult, a 3 year old and a baby.

Anyway, all that to say, I hope I’m not completely bonkers to think I can live this way as a single parent with two kids.
So if anybody wants to give me advice, things I should know, pros/cons, I’m listening.

On to my question...
What do you’ll think of this bus?

https://www.buslifeadventure.com/ind...-conversion,42

Eventually I want to build my own full size conversion, but my kids are too little right now for me to do that as a full-time parent. So I think my best bet is to buy an already converted short bus.

I’d need to put a mini wood stove in and when finances allow, another solar panel.
I'd probably hang a hammock or have a bed roll for my older child who's 4.

Another big question is, how to figure out seating for two carseats.

There's obviously a lot to consider...

Thoughts?

BoysBus is offline   Reply With Quote