Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2020, 01:11 PM   #1

Seeking bus PNW

Salem, OR

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and to skoolies. I've already found a tone of useful information on here and am grateful to the community.

I've looked at a couple buses already but haven't found the one yet.. my wife and I are expecting our first baby here soon and I've somehow managed to get the green light on a bus purchase that being the case I can't risk getting a mechanical lemon or she'll kill me. I'm not new to engine work but I am to diesels and I understand some components can be pricey.

What I'm looking for in a loose order of priorities; the closer the better (will travel 4 hours or so if I have to), ideally $4-5k, reliable as possible, tires 50% or so, 30'+ length, more head room the better, and diesel would be preferred.

I looked at a couple BB, one had a slipping tranny and the other I was concerned about the heui pump(cat c7 acert). Some metal shavings in the oil/oil on the block and overall bad gut feeling..

Will likely only drive it a few hundred miles a year. May live in it full time. I'm 6'4" so head rooms a +. Planning on a full conversion.

If you read that far I truly appreciate your time, even if you can't be helpful this time around.

SheepleShaker is offline   Reply With Quote