Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2017, 12:22 PM   #1

Selling house and buying a bus in...two weeks

Hello! I've just sold my house and will be buying a bus in two weeks. There will be a few days of homelessness coupled by challenges of where I can work on my bus without a driveway or garage.

I'm hoping it'll take a week to cut out the seats, set up electric, and insulate everything. I'm probably thinking wishfully.. then I'm just going to throw my stuff in there and work on everything else bit by bit..

This is definitely something I've been imagining for more than ten years now. Probably close to 20, honestly. I'll probably buy Diesel, five or six windows.. I used to drive a school bus for an ISD in my area so the bus driving isn't intimidating me at least.
However, my ten year old and our three dogs... That poses my biggest challenge. But, we're all pumped about it. Anyway, hello. And I plan on spending the majority of my next few days reading every single post on this wonderful forum..
Thanks.

Sylvester39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Sold your house but haven't picked the bus you're buying yet? That's a bold move, Cotton!
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:19 AM   #3

Well, the house needed to be sold. And, the money for the house doesn't happen until the day of.. so it is my only move.
Sylvester39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
That is how I financed my first bus & conversion.

I found the bus I wanted and had an offer on my house. I tried to talk the seller into carrying a 30 day note and he refused. We had to have the funds from closing to pick up the bus.

We moved all of our stuff into storage and checked into the Holiday Inn. Closed the sale on the house, picked up the bus and spent a few nights on an air mattress in the back of the bus. Then we found a modest place to rent for a few months and went to work full time on the conversion. Less than three months we were on the road. I spent 6+ years on the road.

Good luck!!
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote