Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #41
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
even air-conditioned... didnt say if the wipers work though

-Christopher

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:30 AM   #42
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
even air-conditioned... didnt say if the wipers work though

-Christopher
If only I could be so lucky!
I bet they go sky high, but man these and nice trucks!!!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #43
Bus Nut

I kinda thought that you'd want the box with all the photos on it. That way when you got over heated, you could just look at the cold drinks and keep working. Honestly, good luck. I know you've had your eye on something like that, for a while.
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:01 AM   #44
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Tampa Bus Market

I just bought a bus from them - identical to the one you were looking at (I think I saw you there on Monday). The guy is very nice and, while I paid more for the bus than I would have at an auction, any time I need something, he is there to help. So it was worth the extra money - plus it is local for me - and I didn't have to deal with getting a bus back down here from an auction.
- Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Well today at Tampa Bus Market was very successful. I only spent 1 hour as opposed to 7 over at BGA, and drove two buses. Both T444E with wheelchair doors on the back under 26k weight.

The first one is a 2002 with about 170k miles. The power steering was a bit tight and the wheel made noise every turn. He said that's an easy fix and would add more fluid. I think it drove well but may have needed an alignment since the wheel was turned a bit to the left for it to go straight. It has 2 rock chips on the windshield too so I'm not sure how much that would be to replace. https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/bfs/6040963114.html

The second one is a 1999 with about 260k miles. It drove better but had a louder sound in the engine. When I got back from taking it on a short drive, I noticed under the bus that it looked like an oil leak. He said that he'll have his mechanic look at it and should be an easy fix too. How bad does it look? I don't know much about engines, just getting in and starting the thing.

I asked him what his price would be for them and he said $4,500 for either one.

He's getting another identical one to the 1999 in on Friday and I told him that I would be by to check it out and also see what the status is on the two I drove (power steering & oil)

What do you think? Are those major issues to worry about or would it be a safe buy? There is no rust on these which made me so happy and it's half the price of BGA which had lots of rust.
Dog Rescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:53 PM   #45
Almost There

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 3800 7.3L
Hey Roger,

Yes that was me. It's great that we were able to link up here on the site. Abraham is great! I agree that although we paid a bit more than auction; nothing beats actually looking, driving, and having the wonderful customer service. We sat there and chatted for the longest time after you left and he showed me a bunch of auction sites that I didn't know about too. I'm hoping he calls me in the morning to let me know that it's all ready to be picked up! I'm anxious to get started on the project!

-Anthony
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:37 AM   #46
Bus Nut

I look forward to seeing the transformation!

Quote:
Hey Roger,

Yes that was me. It's great that we were able to link up here on the site. Abraham is great! I agree that although we paid a bit more than auction; nothing beats actually looking, driving, and having the wonderful customer service. We sat there and chatted for the longest time after you left and he showed me a bunch of auction sites that I didn't know about too. I'm hoping he calls me in the morning to let me know that it's all ready to be picked up! I'm anxious to get started on the project!

-Anthony
Old 03-30-2017, 12:55 PM   #47
Almost There

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 3800 7.3L
I called him this afternoon to get a status update on the bus since he said it would only take a day or two to get the gauges fixed and the seats/chairlift removed.

He said that those items are finished but is waiting on tires to arrive on Monday and I can pick it up on Tuesday. Wow! I simply mentioned checking the tires for me since I didn't know if they were good, but apparently I'm getting some new treads too! This guy goes above and beyond and I can't advocate for him enough!

I guess that gives me enough time to search the threads for RV ports or build one at my place so I can keep it protected from the elements.

Updates to follow on Tuesday
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #48
Bus Nut

He really does go above and beyond - I asked about my front tires - they were slightly uneven - so he called a mobile guy to come and replace them.
That saved me a lot - so definitely worth the extra money to buy there.

Quote:
I called him this afternoon to get a status update on the bus since he said it would only take a day or two to get the gauges fixed and the seats/chairlift removed.

He said that those items are finished but is waiting on tires to arrive on Monday and I can pick it up on Tuesday. Wow! I simply mentioned checking the tires for me since I didn't know if they were good, but apparently I'm getting some new treads too! This guy goes above and beyond and I can't advocate for him enough!

I guess that gives me enough time to search the threads for RV ports or build one at my place so I can keep it protected from the elements.

Updates to follow on Tuesday