Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2022, 08:22 AM   #1

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas 1218S
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Skoolie Adventure begins

Hi all,

My name is David and I just purchased a 2007 Thomas 1218S 5.9L Cummins front engine with an Allison 2000 series bus. I am excited to start converting it. I purchased the bus from a guy in Florida who obtained it via auction from Alabama. My first steps are trying to get manuals/diagrams of the bus so i know where everything is what can/needs to be taken out of it etc etc. Once I get those I will be moving the bus to its "build" site and start the process. I am excited and looking forward to the challenges and successes I am sure will be coming along with it. If anybody has any info or suggestions I am more than happy to hear it. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
315121853_10228996328034153_982814613638901677_n.jpg  

RagingGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 10:39 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2010
Coachwork: IC
Engine: MF DT466
Rated Cap: 81
Welcome to the board. Clean looking bus. Not sure but mine has a big schematic inside the fuse box under the driver window. You may check there for some the basic wiring.
Miles O Roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 07:36 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4L
Rated Cap: just the 2 of us
welcome to the madness. Too late for meds now.
My advice; use this website, especially the search window, there is a lot of good info here, and a lot of good, knowledgeable people here who will do their best to answer questions and offer guidance.
Take what ever your timeline expectations are and double it, same as your financial investment.
When you get frustrated (you will), just walk away..an hour, a day, a week.
And last, fill in your member info to include the bus details. That way, when asking a question, people who respond will be the people with the most knowledge on that bus.
Best of luck! Post pics of your progress...we all like pictures.
BarnYardCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 09:20 AM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Michael Corbier
Chassis: GMC Savana 3500
Engine: 6.5 Diesel
New Build

So, a fresh start. It's going to be a journey, for sure. It might help to sit down with paper and pencil and look at costs, how you want to use it, and of course a solid floor plan. Then there is the build time factors. Shop tools? Power source? Friends, helpers? My short bus has been trying on many aspects of my skills, finances, and head space. Having this network though, has been helpful to feel a part of something bigger, and often very encouraging.
Corbi is offline   Reply With Quote