Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-08-2023, 01:47 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 5
Skoolie in Nola

Hey all,

2 years ago I bought a 2002 Frieghtliner, 7 window with a handicap door. I lived it in with first a tent, then cheap furniture for 5 months, then I moved out and started building it for 8 months and made the mistake of working on it every spare moment and burning out. I almost sold it out of frustration, even listing it on websites. Thankfully no one bought.

I took 6 months off, and am working on it again. It has solar, electrical, ceilings, walls, a roof deck, floor subfloor, and a skylight that takes half the cieling! etc, done, and now I'm finally putting in the furniture, but now only working on it 1 day a week. I wanted to thank you all, as I used this forum all the time to help.

I also had a question, if I registered the bus in Vermont, but live in New Orleans (which has very high insurance), for my insurance do I get insurance in Vermont or Louisiana?

Thank you!!!!

Aaron

Theraisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 04:32 PM   #2
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: TX
Posts: 125
Year: 2010
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird (6-window Handy Bus)
Engine: Cummins 6.7l ISB
Rated Cap: 15 + 3WC
Nice work...Post some ics when you get a chance!

For insurance, I would say you need to insure in the state in which you live. Insurance will require an address, so unless you have something in VT, probably won't work.

As far as registering in VT, I am not certain, but think they may have closed the loophole that allowed this. Have a search on this forum for recent discussions...
desrtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 06:11 AM   #3
Bus Geek
 
musigenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,986
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theraisin View Post
if I registered the bus in Vermont, but live in New Orleans (which has very high insurance), for my insurance do I get insurance in Vermont or Louisiana?
You get insurance where you reside - if you can get insurance at all given that your bus is registered in a different state. My bus is registered in Vermont but I reside in Pennsylvania, and for whatever reason Allstate still insures me knowing full well that my registration and residence are different states.
__________________
Rusty 87 build thread
musigenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 08:32 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theraisin View Post
Hey all,

2 years ago I bought a 2002 Frieghtliner, 7 window with a handicap door. I lived it in with first a tent, then cheap furniture for 5 months, then I moved out and started building it for 8 months and made the mistake of working on it every spare moment and burning out. I almost sold it out of frustration, even listing it on websites. Thankfully no one bought.

I took 6 months off, and am working on it again. It has solar, electrical, ceilings, walls, a roof deck, floor subfloor, and a skylight that takes half the cieling! etc, done, and now I'm finally putting in the furniture, but now only working on it 1 day a week. I wanted to thank you all, as I used this forum all the time to help.

I also had a question, if I registered the bus in Vermont, but live in New Orleans (which has very high insurance), for my insurance do I get insurance in Vermont or Louisiana?

Thank you!!!!

Aaron
Youíre going to have to provide the zip code where itís parked to get insurance. Donít lie or when thereís an issue they will not cover it if they find out. Itís also insurance fraud and may result in fines/jail.

I live in the New Orleans area and can assure you insurers will do whatever they can to not cover your loss when it happens.
nolahusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 08:33 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
You get insurance where you reside - if you can get insurance at all given that your bus is registered in a different state. My bus is registered in Vermont but I reside in Pennsylvania, and for whatever reason Allstate still insures me knowing full well that my registration and residence are different states.
I had the same thing when I was in college. Resided in Nebraska, car was registered in California.
nolahusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 06:47 AM   #6
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: East TN
Posts: 295
Year: 1999
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Insurance is based on where it is kept usually.
Diverdude0075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 09:20 AM   #7
Bus Crazy
 
ewo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Central Tx.
Posts: 1,822
Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
My Harley is registered in Florida but insured in Texas. they never asked where it was registered when I bought the insurance (Geico). But I did show them my Florida drivers license so they can't say I didn't disclose this info.
But then again I do have 2 valid addresses, Fla & Tx.
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.