Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
Skoolie

"Skoolie" Introduction.

Hi all. New guy here. I am from Hillsboro Oregon. I am not a skoolie bus owner,(an HDT owner) but enjoy the creativity and originality of so much of the skoolie community. I hope that I can offer some help as time goes on, and that you wont mind me using some of the incredible knowledge from this site.

Thanks. Deezl. (Don)

Deezl Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Re: "Skoolie" Introduction.

Welcome.

Always room for one more.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Welcome!

Not all of us own buses, but may have helpful information or experiences to share.
There are owners, past owners, future owners, and non-owners here. I was encouraged to sign up because of a post, I think by Elliot Naes, that encouraged lurkers to join in the fray. I was probably closer to buying a bus then compared to now. Now I am thinking more towards securing a smaller home for retirement in a few years.

For example, the legendary "Smitty" posted endlessly for a year or two about bus ideas (and politics), and more than a few thought he was an internet troll. Then four and a half years ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_experience03
Wait...you have a bus now?
He finally got one and engineered a build that put nearly everybody to shame. Unfortunately, his account and posts were erased during a purge of spam from the server. You can still see the responses, and for a while you could go see the summary he posted as "Neon Moon" at Escapees, but it looks like they deleted all older threads.

That was just one example of one future owner who had something to say.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
Skoolie

The knowledge range from basic improvision (my favorite) to full on detailed luxury, is amazing here. There's so much creativity used to put together a bus conversion. I looked over several buses hoping to find one with enough head room, but ended up, at least for now, with a truck.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #5

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Welcome to the jungle. We're not that different. You have a HDT and most of us have a MDT.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:56 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72

welcome , glad you came over to the dark side
gbstewart
Old 02-27-2014, 08:11 AM   #7
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbstewart
welcome , glad you came over to the dark side
gbstewart
Thanks. I'm glad you told me about this site. It's addicting to read what people have done here. Learning a lot each day.