Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #1

Skoolie Newbie Seeking Advice

I have been dreaming of having my own Skoolie for years and now I am ready to make it a reality! I have many ideas and quite a bit of know how when it comes to the actual conversion (I have done many a project with my father) but I could use some advice on the actual getting of the bus. After the conversion, I plan to go on road trips with my friends and have some good clean teenage fun. I don't plan on adding a bathroom or anything that involved. Basically just beds, storage, a small, fridge, some lights, and some outlets. The main question I have right now is what size bus I should get? How many people could comfortably road trip in a shorter bus? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I will also need to figure out what year/make to get, what to look for and what to be wary of, a good price etc.

mermaidjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:38 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: MVP
Engine: 3208 Cat
Rated Cap: 72 passenger
Sounds like you are excited. I wanted my bus for 12+years. I used YouTube to research a few things like how to inspect a bus before buying. Also this site skoolie net. Love it! Really depends on your dream what size to get Pinterest has amazing shots of bus builds. I am posting my build there. Decide what kind of bus you want. Drive as many as you can. I have a Thomas pusher. (Rear engine) but I drive a conventional for the school dist. I like them both but they handle completely different. In the pusher the driver is in front of the front wheels, it scared me the first time I drove it. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nvixen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#new #need #advice #help