Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2020, 04:16 PM   #1

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX Pusher
Engine: Caterpillar C7
Rated Cap: 55
Skoolie Noob Onboard

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm about to begin my journey to convert a 2006 Thomas Pusher into a Skoolie. I have to say the trip has started out with hitches. I haven't picked up the Bus yet and I'm having difficulty obtaining insurance just to pick it up and move it from the dealer. The CCP Virus isn't helping matters at all. And even after that Maryland says I have to have a class B license which means a knowledge and road test. And of course none of that can be done because MVA is closed because...Virus. This is gonna be a long trip to completion I think.

eladsgarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 04:22 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International RE
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by eladsgarr View Post
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm about to begin my journey to convert a 2006 Thomas Pusher into a Skoolie. I have to say the trip has started out with hitches. I haven't picked up the Bus yet and I'm having difficulty obtaining insurance just to pick it up and move it from the dealer.
Yeah, even step zero can be difficult: finding a place to park it. We had to have driveway paved for ours, which was its own epic...

Nothing is easy.

Quote:
The CCP Virus isn't helping matters at all.
Threw a wrench in my plans to move, too! Ugh!

Quote:
And even after that Maryland says I have to have a class B license which means a knowledge and road test. And of course none of that can be done because MVA is closed because...Virus. This is gonna be a long trip to completion I think.
Can you not change the title to a motorhome? After doing so, I don't need any special licensing in NH.

As for the state stuff all not being open, our town halls (which do registration, etc) moved to online transactions. They should have some alternative method to get business done? Otherwise you might want to look at the Vermont/Register now easy thread:
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f18/h...ion-15292.html

Insurance was another headache for us. Take a look at:
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f18/g...ses-25029.html

Not just for FL, they helped me up in NH as well.
kazetsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 04:32 PM   #3

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX Pusher
Engine: Caterpillar C7
Rated Cap: 55
Thank you for the info and the quick reply. I was just reading the Info on the Vermont registration and think I'm gonna go that route. I'll take a look at the insurance thing and hope it helps as well. As it stands now the place I'm dealing with won't give me a quote on insurance until monday.
eladsgarr is offline   Reply With Quote