Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2020, 09:14 AM   #1

Soon to be proud skoolie owners

Hello!

So to confess, I have been frequenting this forum for almost a year and a half now, soaking up everyone's knowledge. My wife and I are finally ready to purchase our bus though so I figured it would be time to join the crew over here. We are both in military, currently stationed in Mississippi but are planning to build out our skoolie throughout this next year prepping for a journey across the states when we get out of the military in the next few years.
We are most likely going the short bus route, as we have no kids, a medium dog, and for maneuverability. I am semi knowledgeable in electrical and woodworking but we will be on here searching the forums and asking questions along the way. If anyone is stuck down in the south like us give us a shout out!

Thank you!

northwestXsoutheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:19 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Welcome. If you click on User CP in the upper left corner, you can fill out your details like where you are and what kind of bus you have (eventually). People can better tailor their advice to you that way.

Gulf coast? I spent a bit of time in Pascagoula a few years ago, working for Northrop-Grumman at the shipyard.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
Welcome. If you click on User CP in the upper left corner, you can fill out your details like where you are and what kind of bus you have (eventually). People can better tailor their advice to you that way.

Gulf coast? I spent a bit of time in Pascagoula a few years ago, working for Northrop-Grumman at the shipyard.
Gulf Coast indeed, Biloxi to be exact. It's is not my first choice to live here but it could be worse. Thank you for the tips on filling out my profile a bit more, I am still learning this forum.
northwestXsoutheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:34 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestXsoutheast View Post
Gulf Coast indeed, Biloxi to be exact. It's is not my first choice to live here but it could be worse. Thank you for the tips on filling out my profile a bit more, I am still learning this forum.
There's a great restaurant in Ocean Springs named Phoenicia. Haven't been in almost ten years but the reviews indicate it's still good.