Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2020, 06:48 PM   #1

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Soon to be Skoolie in Ontario, Canada

Hello everyone,

My 2nd post on this Forum! I've been lurking a while before making a user account, but I can't wait any longer, as I have many questions .

I'm a Dutch guy that recently moved to Ontario in Canada, and always loved the look of a school bus. 2 weeks back I found a good deal (I think) on a 2007 Bluebird and cant wait to start this project. There's still many uncertainties I have, but the main one being the Insurance. For some reason that seems to be a difficult thing to get insured in Canada (or maybe just in Ontario).

Anyway, I've made a post in another topic somewhere else on this forum about that, so I won't ask here.

Looking forward to read this forum, interact with all of you, learn from each-other and start my Skoolie journey!

Any Canada / Ontario Skoolies active here that want to connect and exchange some tips?

Thanks

Mark

Marker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 04:34 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE200
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 27,500
Welcome.

I got my bus a month or so ago and I'm also dealing with the insurance issue. I don't have a solution yet, I'm waiting for a registration I sent for in Vermont. Right now I'm focused on getting the interior gutted.
Oldyeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 04:47 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Phantom 40'
Engine: DDECII 6V92T Allison MT647
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs of potential
Welcome to the forum, Marker.
Insurance can be a challenge, but with patience you will get it sorted out.
There are a number of members here from your neck of the woods.
Lots of helpful folk from all over North America frequent the site.
Phantom5824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marker View Post
Hello everyone,

My 2nd post on this Forum! I've been lurking a while before making a user account, but I can't wait any longer, as I have many questions .

I'm a Dutch guy that recently moved to Ontario in Canada, and always loved the look of a school bus. 2 weeks back I found a good deal (I think) on a 2007 Bluebird and cant wait to start this project. There's still many uncertainties I have, but the main one being the Insurance. For some reason that seems to be a difficult thing to get insured in Canada (or maybe just in Ontario).

Anyway, I've made a post in another topic somewhere else on this forum about that, so I won't ask here.

Looking forward to read this forum, interact with all of you, learn from each-other and start my Skoolie journey!

Any Canada / Ontario Skoolies active here that want to connect and exchange some tips?

Thanks

Mark

Hey me and My girlfriend just bought our bus and we’re starting the first steps in renovating. It’s a 2002 international bluebird. We are looking for advice and help through this whole thing too so if you want to exchange information and help each other out that would be great! We are in Guelph, Ontario.

Jordan
JordanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #5

Year: 1948
Coachwork: GMC
Chassis: PD3751
Engine: 6-71
Hi Mark - where in Ontario are you? We just bought a coach to convert.