Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Phantom
Engine: 50's series Detroit
Sort of new to this!

I lived in and partially renovated a vintage motorhome last year. I realized I could not do what I really wanted in it due to structural limitations. A friend of mine did the skoolie thing and I'm slowly realizing it's perfect for my already-nomadic lifestyle. So I'm working out where to to work on my bus, which to buy, etc. Living in a motorhome for awhile really helped me understand what I want and need out of a floor plan and what appliances or furniture I can live with or without. Also, I'm a single mother and doing this totally by myself. I've driven a bus before as a job, and learning how to do that was very scary. I remember feeling like it wasn't possible, and then I did it. Now I can parallel park a school bus better than my minivan! I feel the same way about the conversion. I was too scared at first, but now I want to conquer it and have that knowledge and self-assurance.

beachtomountains is offline   Reply With Quote