Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2017, 06:34 PM   #1

Lightbulb Starting my Short Skoolie research...

My husband and I are weighing our options regarding motor homes. RVs are just so darn expensive, and he's been in construction his whole life so we feel like we could reno a used school bus ourselves. My main question is, how long should we go for if we want it to have a queen bed, toilet/shower (we're fine if they are in the same "room" and the whole thing is tiled or whatever), a small kitchen area, and a couch that could pull out. I don't think we even want a table because we will eat outside a lot and use trays inside. Can someone point me to any short skoolie plans that seem like they would fit our wants? Thanks so much!

MadGeniusStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Coachwork: BB
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins
Rated Cap: 25.999K
welcome. Id poke around on this site for a while to find what is possible and try to figure out your needs in a bus. Your list this far is quite short, I've seen people do all those things inside a van, but it all depends on how much space you have to work with....
SDR76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
short skoolie, skoolie conversion, skoolie nc