Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2018, 09:05 AM   #1

Student Life

Is anyone currently attending University/College while living in their bus/van conversion? I'm going to be enrolling in post-secondary again, and I want to build out a mini school bus and live in it while I study. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? I don't know too much about what full-timer's do for 'mailing addresses' and such. Any help/tips/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much!!!

HikeClimbPaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:38 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Parking will probably be your biggest challenge.
ACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:52 AM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Vista 36pp
Engine: 7.3 L diesel
When I was in college I lived in the back of my pickup truck with a camper shell on it. Bought a parking pass to the schools parking garage and moved in. It was a pretty sweet setup. Free filtered water from the cafeteria , showers from the gym, Wi-Fi even reached me from the adjacent buildings. When it got cold I moved down a few floors and the concrete structure retained some of its warmth and heated me sort of. They definitely would not have been ok with this if they knew what was going on . it was a cramped style of living in the truck but between rock climbing engineering school and dating my future wife I only needed a place to sleep not hang out . the mini school bus would scream someones living in me in this situation and most likely not work . could be worth a try though
mikerob643 is offline   Reply With Quote