Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #1

Lightbulb super green

Hello happy folks. I'm brand new, haven't even bought a bus yet. looking to purchase for a full time home for two, possible 3 adults. will be traveling from Oklahoma to Seattle this summer and want as much knowledge, advice, tips, tricks and warnings i can get.

SavagePixiePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:10 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavagePixiePunk View Post
Hello happy folks. I'm brand new, haven't even bought a bus yet. looking to purchase for a full time home for two, possible 3 adults. will be traveling from Oklahoma to Seattle this summer and want as much knowledge, advice, tips, tricks and warnings i can get.
Cool, Welcome
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:25 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

I am puzzled as to the thread topic of super green.

If that is your way of saying you are committed to repurposing old stuff and giving it a second lift, you sure came to the right place.

If that is your way of saying you are committed to saving the environment by driving a bus that is running on waste vegetable oil or bio-diesel you may be a bit disappointed here. Not by the welcome but by the way in which many have tried that and most have not been at all successful.

My most important tip is for you to decide which bus is the right bus for you. There is no one perfect bus for everyone but there is one bus that might be perfect for you. But you have to decide which parameters will work the best for you. If you really want a rear engine bus with big HP and highway gears you really do not want to waste your time looking at shorty conventionals.

And lastly, do not purchase anything with rust. You can do a lot to convert rust but like cancer, rust does not just go away. It is very easy to spend countless hours and lots of $$$$ converting, cutting away, or replacing rusted material only to have it reappear within a few short years. So don't purchase anything with rust.

Good luck and happy trails to you!
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Coachwork: BB
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins
Rated Cap: 25.999K
Super Green, Seattle, driving through Colorado no doubt... Im seeing the GREEN pattern :-0

Oh, and welcome!!
SDR76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying advice, new member, where to find a bus, where to live