Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2019, 03:49 PM   #1

Year: 1997
Chassis: Thomas Saf-T-Liner
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 80 passenger
T444E Tuning

So I have a tuner and ECM for a T444E from the first bus I built. It’s an F5 Chip from DP tuner. It has a 60hp daily highway tune and 80hp daily city tune along with a high idle and no start tune and stock tune. The bus I had it in was a 1994 international with Allison 545 trans and I was amazed how much this tune woke up the engine, literally night and day difference. I sold that bus and pulled the ecm and tuner before I sold it just wondering if anyone would be interested in buying it since my new bus has a 8.3 Cummins and I have no use for it. I paid over $500 for the chip/tunes and it was worth every penny. If there’s any interest I’d be willing to sell it. I can help you figure out if it’ll work for your setup if you’re interested.

aj31386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:54 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: B3800 Short bus
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 36
Do you have any pictures of it? I'm curious as to how it connects to the engine's wiring harness.
I didn't know there were 3rd party tuning options for the older 3box system
Old 03-09-2019, 04:08 PM   #3

Chassis: Thomas Saf-T-Liner
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 80 passenger
I can take a picture but I’m not home at the moment. The tuner itself plugs directly into the ECM and provides on the fly tuning. When I spoke with Jodi at DP Tuner he told me that most internationals with the T444E actually used the Ford ECM which is what my old bus had. He said as long as it has the Ford ECM he can tune the engine. I’d be willing to sell my tuner and the Ecm as a complete unit. I was very skeptical before buying but figured anything would be better than the old dog with stock tuning and I was very pleasantly surprised by how big of a difference it made. I did install a Pyro, boost gauge, and trans temp guage so I could monitor all those parameters with the new tuning. It is very safe tuning according to DP tuners but as with any aftermarket upgrades you want to make sure to monitor all parameters. Especially since the AT545 has a non lockup converter and is prone to overheating. The tuning only changes the power output of the engine and does not change any of the transmission parameters.
aj31386 is offline   Reply With Quote