Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2015, 09:27 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: AmTran/Genesis FE
Chassis: International
Engine: DT-466 mechanical
Rated Cap: 77 pass.
Thanks for the help in advance!!!

Have been watching and waiting for some time for the right Bus. Finally found it in August, and purchased it last month, $2563.00 (Tax, Lic., & fees).

I have a 1995 Am Tran/ Genesis/ International, equipped with The Venerable DT-466 mechanical engine, Allison MT-643, Air brakes along with air ride rear axle & drivers Throne. 209,000 miles, some rust (to be expected here in Minnesota) but nothing that can't be repaired, and under the floor, next to the battery box, a Webasto 45K BTU heater!!!
Have removed the seats and am buttoning it up for winter....It' going to be a long winter....

Was looking for a Trailer hitch for it, finally went out to measure between the frame rails and found it already has a welded in cross member!!!! Just need to add the receiver.

Me being a scavenger & an alternative energy nut, I already have a 100 gal. alum. fuel tank for the WVO, will find another for the Diesel. Will also carry 2-4 55gal. plastic barrels of WVO for my '92 Jetta as well as the bus. And am adding a 100 gal. Propane tank also, just cause I haul the stuff, it also adds a bit of HP.

Solar panels, extra batteries, and a 2000 or 4000 watt converter should round it out fine.
Will post Updates as they happen.
This is going to be my retirement project, girlfriend & I have figured out our floor plan and look forward to traveling with her 2 chiuauas and blue checked parrot.

Night Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:23 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome.

Sounds like a great bus with all the best parts.

I look forward to pics.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote