Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

The Big LeBUSki

Hello, all,

Toplessartist here. (FYI… my forum name is in reference to my affinity for small convertible cars, so please keep your singles in your wallet, I will not dance for you! It wouldn't be pretty! haha) Great forum here! Wonderful works in progress and great advice. I've been trolling and enjoying some of your stories. Great sense of community.

I have a new-to-me 1991 shorty that I have almost completely finished inside. I'm not much for taking pics so only a couple in-progress pics. I'll try to figure out how to post them later. We have named it The Big LeBUSki… (I have a rug that really ties the room together).

I've remodeled and modified several trailers and RVs/campers, and kick myself for not getting a bus sooner! So much more fun to work on! I am an artist by profession and by hobby so I love well-lit spaces and this is like a greenhouse compared to RVs and campers!

Anyways, nice to be here. Anyone in Salt Lake City, or anyone passing thru, please feel free to contact me. We can meet up for a burger and a beer!

Toplessartist

toplessartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:44 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: A3RE
Engine: 3126 Cat
Rated Cap: 33220 GVwR
Wow I should of read further before I took out the Holy water ....... LOL Nice to have another on the forum.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Don't Fret God's Not Through With Me Yet!
IWC Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Welcome! --- My shorty came from just down the road in Monroe, Utah. Seems to be some very clean buses up there. Hope to make it back one day soon.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:22 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks! Yes, Utah has a lot of small busses. Why, you ask? If you consider our demographics there are quite a few single families/polygamist families that actually require a short bus if they want to take all of the offspring anywhere at the same time. (note: that's an observation and a fact, not a commentary), and there is an assisted living/old age community on every third corner in some areas!

Did I get mine from one of them? No… I got mine from a snowboarder, so it didn't smell like Ben-Gay, Depends, and polyester… it had more of a "horticultural" scent… like the Dooby Brothers concert shirt that the night clerk at 7-11 wears… just saying'… But I scrubbed and sanitized and coated the interior with fresh latex… put a new floor using recalled Chinese-made, formaldehyde imbibed, mismatched hardwood! Looks great, might cause me birth defects, but was free.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Sounds cool...but we want pix of that floor of death.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Yeah, well I don't have one of them there fancy smarty-phones… I have a Soviet-era flip phone (just one model newer than the rotary dial) and to take pics I have to throw a black cloth over my head and hold still for 18 seconds… I'll try to get some pics when my daughter comes over…
Old 06-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Welcome to the forum.
Don't know anything about you, but, I think I'm gonna like your style. I do know that the Doobie T-shirt would probably smell better to me as well. (don't care how old it was)
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #8
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Welcome

Congrats on the bus. No new car smell, huh?

Soooo, you takin up snowboarding?
Old 06-15-2017, 10:48 AM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Let's just say that after I removed the carpet I had the munchies something fierce! Funny thing, twice on road trips (as far as 200 miles away) I've actually had two people yell "Hey! That's Ben's bus!" WTF? This kid knows everyone! I had better get the exterior redone asap as I don't know if he has anyone actively looking for him via the bus' unique paint scheme! *description: The two center sections between the horizontal metal ribbing are painted "barney" purple and the other forest green down each side… very Partridge Family-esque! Not to be confused with any other vehicle. I think I will see my pimp (the wife) today and spend my earnings on cans of primer and sanding disks for the body grinder!
Old 06-18-2017, 10:48 AM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Love the name of your bus totally mad I did not think of it first...

Absolutely love that movie, anyways congrats on the new bus can't wait to see pics.

Back to the drawing board for the name for my new bus
CuddlyBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:36 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks Burrito! Yeah, had a list of names, forgot as many as I wrote down! Can't beat The Dude! The Dude abides... man

The list included:
•Gary BUSsey
•BUS'ta Move
•IncuBUS
•SuccuBUS
•Ruth BUSsey

... and several more... If anyone wants these they are "free to good home"