Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2018, 03:26 PM   #1

The Galaxy Dreaming/msliljak

Hello and Greetings to All
Well, after watching a bunch of YouTube, Bob Wells and others, my youngest graduating HS in 2019 (#2019ismyyear), I bought my bus, a 2004 Thomas SafetyLiner from craigslist for $4200. I will be a full timer, so outfitting my bus accordingly..i think..i have NO experience, just Youtube and Skoolie.net, and so far the hardest thing was removing the seats. My son tackled this he tried unbolting from under the bus..nope..so he just did the angle grinder..zip!pop!bang!! and they were out..took 2 evenings...the seats are heavy, fyi..took to salvage yard and got the $55 for them....lol. So far we (my son, daughter and i) have the sub floor in with foamboard insulation, greatStuff and we used OSB laid on top of that. we have the first coat of paint and will probably more than likely put a second coat AND a second coat of Henrys on the top. Our next project is to cover a few of the windows, lay down flooring, cover walls, put up studs for bathroom walls (tried to edit, pictures posed sideways)
Attached Thumbnails
20180609_203142[1].jpg   Message_1528047412037[1].jpg  

msliljak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 84 passenger
Does the bus get better mileage on its side?
CaptSquid is offline   Reply With Quote