Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2021, 08:36 PM   #1

Time to turn my dream into realty!

Hello. I have been dreaming for far too long!!! I told fear to go and that it will not control me any longer!!! Now it's time to turn my dream into reality!!!!!!! I am so excited and would be most grateful to find someone willing and available to help me find a good solid mechanically sound 35-40 ft flat nose with front engine and high ceiling. My lease is up 8/6/21 and I am NOT renewing it. I am running out of time and desperately need help. I am currently in Savannah, GA. I truly would love to be able to be in Dallas, TX by may 15th the absolute latest. I want to travel the great USA as a missionary. The Lord gave me a vision of meals and missions with a litter box at the top of the stairs of a bus. I know this may sound silly but it's real for me. I am truly stepping out in faith and praying His perfect will. I keep looking at RVs and vans but never have peace. He keeps directing me back to this vision He gave me last Jan.
I look forward to meeting as many of you dear skoolie brothers and sisters!!

NomadGranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:58 AM   #2
Almost There

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: Shorty 6 window handicap
Engine: Int 444e
Rated Cap: 21
Lots of good busses to find here in Texas auctions. Be patient. Buying a bus on the fly and in a rush will not end well. Good luck from Dallas!
kcblkeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:08 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Welcome to the site.

Also consider the real world reality of deconstructing a school bus and transforming it into your dream vehicle.
Some folks can do this in a few weeks with multiple people helping, while others take literally years to finish their builds.

If you have the motivation and money to get it done you could be in Dallas by May 15th, but you'll need to get busy now!

In thinking further on your situation, it might be to your benefit to buy a bus in Texas. Texas busses are in generally better body condition than an east coaster, that might have hidden rust among other things.

Good luck N. Granny, and post pics if you get a bus...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote