Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #1

Toy Hauler Camper

Hi,
My name is Alexis and I am from Montreal Canada.
I have been looking for a simple way to carry my motorcycle and go primitive camping adventure. My GF and I tried the roof top tent on my truck for a whole month. It was a lot of fun but after a week we understood we would need a better set up.

Last winter My friend and I went to colorado with a f350, 3 snowmobile and an old camper. Again a whole lot of fun but the petrol consomption was out of this world!!

So this brings me here. I need the smallest bus possible capable of bringing to medium size Motorcycle and sleep 2 comfortably and occasionally 4. Needs to be diesel! I will also need some space for a small kitchen and a bathroom. Obviously nothing fancy here!

What do you guy think would be the ideal bus size?is it realistic to consider e350 or e450? or should I look at the bigger ones?

Thanks! by the way this forum is awesome! lots of creativity down here!

alskouba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:51 PM   #2
Almost There

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Corbeil - RAMROD
Chassis: IH 3800 66 Pass
Engine: 7.3 IH IDI NA w AT545 hyd
Welcome - I'm in AB and building a 4 season toy hauler. At the end of the day your fuel economy is only marginally less in a full size Skoolie than a E350/450. For me, having the extra space and payload capacity was worth getting a full size. Sledding/ Snowbiking, dirt biking, street/race bikes are what I plan on doing with mine.
slidewayzm5 is offline   Reply With Quote