Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2017, 06:16 AM   #1

Wanna be skoolie from Montréal, Canada. Need help.

Hey guys I am new to the forum but have been window shopping the skoolie scene for the past few years and now feel ready to hop into a conversion. I live in the Quebec province of Canada. In Québec we have certain laws to obey whilst converting heavy vehicules to rv. One questions that crops up is the fact that we must equip the bus with the same number of seat belt as there's is sleeping arrangements. The seat must be new and from a rv equipment manufacturer, the installation must be done by an accredited professional. Has anyone from the Quebec or Ontario region gone through a conversion? I need pointers thanks.

mazeeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:23 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Chevy
Rated Cap: 20
Welcome,
I'm from Ontario and recently just started my conversion. While Ontario is strict compared to the states it sounds like Quebec is more strict, at least with seat belts. I don't think we have to have them professionally installed so I'm just keeping 2 bus benches with 2 seat belts on each which will be plenty of seat belts for me. Can you not just use the old bus seat belts?

Cheers
Adventurbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:15 PM   #3

Hiyah,
They are very stringent about the seats we use. I've been in contact with the engineering department at the SAAQ, they provided the following technical document and link as examples of seats to be used (Basically passenger bus seats with seat belts).

https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/transport.../personal-use/

Passenger Seats — Freedman Seating Company
mazeeke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laws, québec