Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Was wondering

Where would i post this kind of post?

Im interested in trying to find someone who may want to do the skoolie life. But due to financial issues cant seem to wing it alone. Id like to do the whole roommate thing (more of a lifetime travel buddy). We'd split the bill on a bus, we'd split the bill on building it out (i know how to do alot of the work) we'd help one another. We'd both be on the title as (you and me) not you or me. We'd split the gas, and cost of living. Id like to start a youtube channel and vlog everything we can split income 50/50 or everything made can goto our bus fund. I think this would be cheaper on both parties. Surely there is someone out there wanting to do the same thing.

Im 32yrs old.
I dont got a gf (not since 2012), no kids, never been married. I have a service dog. I smoke medical marijuana. I dont do drama (i got complex ptsd) i dont drink (allergic to beer) i dont do any drugs (ive done them im 14yrs clean tho)

I got alot of stuff in storage for a conversion.

I dont have a license. I have severe anxiety / panic attacks. (Loose feeling in limbs)

I use to work for some famous and some not so famous rock/metal bands from 2008-2012 as personal bodyguard. Alot of my friends are in bands. Id like to go hang out with them from time to time. Get some backstage passes from time to time. I got youtube videos from earthday birthday with me in it as proof. (Not trying to flex or anything) i figured this would calm peoples anxiety about me. Because no one really knows me from adam.

C-ptsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:22 PM   #2
Site Team

New member intros seems like the right place to me... Good luck!
Polarweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:16 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-ptsd View Post

Im interested in trying to find someone who may want to do the skoolie life. But due to financial issues cant seem to wing it alone. Id like to do the whole roommate thing (more of a lifetime travel buddy). We'd split the bill on a bus, we'd split the bill on building it out (i know how to do alot of the work) we'd help one another. We'd both be on the title as (you and me) not you or me. We'd split the gas, and cost of living. Id like to start a youtube channel and vlog everything we can split income 50/50 or everything made can goto our bus fund. I think this would be cheaper on both parties. Surely there is someone out there wanting to do the same thing.

Im 32yrs old.
I dont got a gf (not since 2012), no kids, never been married. I have a service dog. I smoke medical marijuana. I dont do drama (i got complex ptsd) i dont drink (allergic to beer) i dont do any drugs (ive done them im 14yrs clean tho)

I dont have a license. I have severe anxiety / panic attacks. (Loose feeling in limbs)

I use to work for some famous and some not so famous rock/metal bands from 2008-2012 as personal bodyguard. Alot of my friends are in bands. Id like to go hang out with them from time to time. Get some backstage passes from time to time. I got youtube videos from earthday birthday with me in it as proof. (Not trying to flex or anything) i figured this would calm peoples anxiety about me. Because no one really knows me from adam.
You're in good company!
I too smoke medical marijuana.
Welcome to the forum.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:37 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Quote:

Im 32yrs old.

OK man i have PTSD as confirmed my the MARINE CORPS and i have been there and done that. my therapy dogs are that? they have helped me through and I have taught them and they have taught me in the ways to look at each other including what they can do as DOGS/DOGGIES.
TO ME it sounds like you are looking for sympathy for your drug addiction problems and someone that has the same addiction but to wants to get away from where your at also? wasnt wanting to go that deep but it came out.
a therapy dog for a drug problem is not ******* PTSD it is a dog given to you that will go anywhere with you that you take it with you but its trained to be nice maybe?
a service dog is alot different animal
OOHRAH
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:19 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

My c-ptsd is from being physically tortured (have hundreds of scars all over my body) and mentally tortured, also from being stabbed and shot many times over many incidents, also from having to stand my ground and use force against an attacker trying to kill me, part of the ptsd involves the things i seen when i saved a 12 yr old boy who was mentally and physically disabled from being raped by a family member. Im not looking for sympathy. I dont have a drug addiction i smoke marijuana. And my service dog is for night terrors/flashbacks/social anxiety/severe anxiety attacks. You shouldnt jump to conclusions based upon assumptions. The one part you did get right is id like to move from where im at. In june 2019 this guy attacked me in my yard with a knife trying to kill me. I was forced to use force i did retreat in good faith but the guy kept coming. I didnt want to kill him. He was arrested for agg assault with deadly weapon with intent (there was video evidence). He spent 107 days in jail and when he went to court he was given 5 days in jail with credit time served and released. When he got out he came to my house looking for revenge (using threats). Im trying to avoid having to take this mans life. If he comes at me ill have to prevent a 3rd or 4th attack. The justice system is broken in florida. Anyways. Thank you for your service mr marine.

Suspects arrest https://www.lcso.org/inmates/mugshot...umber=19004222
Old 11-18-2019, 11:50 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
You're in good company!
I too smoke medical marijuana.
Welcome to the forum.
We're both in lake county florida. Thats whats up.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:11 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
OK man i have PTSD as confirmed my the MARINE CORPS and i have been there and done that. my therapy dogs are that? they have helped me through and I have taught them and they have taught me in the ways to look at each other including what they can do as DOGS/DOGGIES.
TO ME it sounds like you are looking for sympathy for your drug addiction problems and someone that has the same addiction but to wants to get away from where your at also? wasnt wanting to go that deep but it came out.
a therapy dog for a drug problem is not ******* PTSD it is a dog given to you that will go anywhere with you that you take it with you but its trained to be nice maybe?
a service dog is alot different animal
OOHRAH
Naw man you got it all wrong. I aint looking for sympathy. Im not a drug addict (i smoke weed legally and weed isnt a drug) i to have paperwork for my c-ptsd. I have an esa and a service dog. Not pets. Part of my c-ptsd is from physical torture. Ive been stabbed and shot many times over many incidents (defending myself and other people) 90% of the time i was unarmed.

The only thing you got right is id like to get away from where im at.

Im just here looking for a travel buddy. Someone to split the bill with. Sure i could go open a carwash at a high populated area (tourist attraction/beach) and feed seagulls and crows french fries soaked in laxatives (milk of magnesium) and create a demand and make a ton of cash then go buy a bus and etc. But that aint me. Im living the legit life.

Thank you for your service. I take no offense in anything you said. I appreciate your honesty tho. Shouldnt be too quick to assume and jump to conclusions. I understand that was your opinion. I respect it.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:12 AM   #8
Bus Geek

Quote:
We're both in lake county florida. Thats whats up.
Sucks that we have NO dispensaries in Lake County!
Old 11-19-2019, 07:55 AM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Phantom
Engine: CAT 3208
Rated Cap: 87, says Gillig...
Quote:
Where would i post this kind of post? ...Im interested in trying to find someone who may want to do the skoolie life ...I have a service dog. I smoke medical marijuana. I dont do drama (i got complex ptsd)...Id like to go hang out with them from time to time. Get some backstage passes from time to time...
Could we follow Govt Mule around the country for while?
Quote:
OK man i have PTSD as confirmed my the MARINE CORPS... TO ME it sounds like you are looking for sympathy for your drug addiction problems and...
Yut yut there Teufel Hunden... I didn't get the same message from the OP's post. And please remember, the USMC recognizes 14 leadership traits, among them is tact...
ComfortEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Sucks that we have NO dispensaries in Lake County!
Yea theres one in the villages. Only one i know of.

Edited* might or might not be in lake county but its on the other side of lady lake down by the main square area
Old 11-19-2019, 12:46 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortEagle View Post

Yut yut there Teufel Hunden... I didn't get the same message from the OP's post. And please remember, the USMC recognizes 14 leadership traits, among them is tact...
Its ok i didnt take what he said as offensive or causing friction or anything. I could have said something that triggered him not knowing. Ptsd sucks. I get it. Maybe he has experience with people claiming something they dont have or misusing their pets as "service dogs" to get special treatment or sympathy or attention, maybe he was already on edge about something when he read my post. There are some people who are normal that manipulate the system. I get it. Ive seen it. Atleast i know he is a very blunt brutally honest person with no filters and he speaks about whats on his mind. It is what it is. Lol
Old 11-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Quote:
Yea theres one in the villages. Only one i know of.

Edited* might or might not be in lake county but its on the other side of lady lake down by the main square area
Yeha, I'd rather drive to orlando than wait an hour +++ in the villages.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Lol it aint that bad.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:54 PM   #14
Bus Geek

Every time I go to the villages trulieve its at least an hour wait to get into the back- to wait more.
The old people out there seem to be the most clueless consumers I've ever come across. Takes em forever to decide what flavor of hotdog water vapes they wanna buy.
I get pretty anxious in that waiting room. All the yahoo pillheads going on and on loudly about their weed... It just got old. I've been going to Orlando and its much quicker. In and out in 10 mins.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:12 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

Sent you a pm that may blow your mind. @eastcoastcb
Old 11-19-2019, 03:38 PM   #16
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
sorry for giving you a hard time.
in person i seem rough to other people some times and on the computer my words or lack of? do not always show my true feelings.
guess its been to long since i smoked?
might chill me out again! like i used to be
living close to ECCB is really cool especially when you get into the bus thing.
good luck and dont let the buttheads in the world like me stop you from what you want to do.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:51 PM   #17
Bus Geek

Quote:
sorry for giving you a hard time.
in person i seem rough to other people some times and on the computer my words or lack of? do not always show my true feelings.
guess its been to long since i smoked?
might chill me out again! like i used to be
living close to ECCB is really cool especially when you get into the bus thing.
good luck and dont let the buttheads in the world like me stop you from what you want to do.
I've always appreciated your no-BS approach to things, JR. No harm no foul. Lets all be friends.

It takes patience to have a civil conversation with faceless strangers on the interwebs. It'll all work out though.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:19 PM   #18
Mini-Skoolie

You're good brother. Id smoke with you lol. If i can manage to get on the road i plan on going to north carolina..... Long story short. I spent the last 8 yrs trying to track down my great uncle and his side of the family. He worked at area 51 during project oxcart (u-2) he was a k9 sentry for the usaf but was also cia i had help from others that worked for the cia and worked with my great uncle (all of which were retired). We tracked them down to harmony nc. So thats one of the 1st places ill be going.

Dont beat yourself up about the hard time stuff. I completely understand your situation. You're good brother.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:39 PM   #19
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Every time I go to the villages trulieve its at least an hour wait to get into the back- to wait more.
The old people out there seem to be the most clueless consumers I've ever come across. Takes em forever to decide what flavor of hotdog water vapes they wanna buy.
I get pretty anxious in that waiting room. All the yahoo pillheads going on and on loudly about their weed... It just got old. I've been going to Orlando and its much quicker. In and out in 10 mins.
I would think the worst part of the experience is having to go to The Villages in the first place.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:12 PM   #20
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
I would think the worst part of the experience is having to go to The Villages in the first place.
Its not that bad lol. Unless you go between 6am-8am or 11am-1pm or 4pm-7pm or on a weekend.