Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-03-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 7
We are new here and to the skoolie lifestyle.

Hey there! from Jacksonville, FL we stumbled across this forum through our mad search through the internet and had to join. Super excited about all the info and cant wait to put it to use. We don't own a bus yet but are on the hunt for a Type D bus in the 40 ft range. We pray to find something soon and our projected "hitting the road" date is July 2019.

If you are in the northeast florida area say hey! would not mind getting my hands dirty and helping out on builds to gain experience. I'm a diesel mechanic and specialize in MCI and VAN HOOL motor coaches and have plenty of experience with the Detroit Diesel series 50,60 DD13,DT466e, Cummins ISL and ISM
TEAMROSARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:36 PM   #2
Site Team
 
Johnny Mullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ashtabula, Ohio
Posts: 1,361
Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
Welcome aboard!
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 7
thank you!
TEAMROSARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:50 PM   #4
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 9,030
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
The government auctions have what you're looking for right now in abundance.
Mechanics like yourself are falling by the wayside. I wish you were in my area.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:49 PM   #5
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: topeka kansas
Posts: 645
Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
bus in tulsa oklahoma

I saw a detroit diesel powered bus for sale in tulsa craigs list. engine was toast, but said rebuilt engine sitting on a pallet goes with it.

cheers, william
magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:05 AM   #6
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 20,611
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMROSARIO View Post
Hey there! from Jacksonville, FL we stumbled across this forum through our mad search through the internet and had to join. Super excited about all the info and cant wait to put it to use. We don't own a bus yet but are on the hunt for a Type D bus in the 40 ft range. We pray to find something soon and our projected "hitting the road" date is July 2019.

If you are in the northeast florida area say hey! would not mind getting my hands dirty and helping out on builds to gain experience. I'm a diesel mechanic and specialize in MCI and VAN HOOL motor coaches and have plenty of experience with the Detroit Diesel series 50,60 DD13,DT466e, Cummins ISL and ISM
Would you be interested in a repair job? I've got to replace inner/outer timing covers on my 2003 DT466E. I'm north of Orlando.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:25 AM   #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
The government auctions have what you're looking for right now in abundance.
Mechanics like yourself are falling by the wayside. I wish you were in my area.

Thank you! Youre in GA thats not too far. Always willing to help! How do those auctions work? Ive seen a few just nothing in my area that I can personally go look at it and inspect
TEAMROSARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:36 AM   #8
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnakansas View Post
I saw a detroit diesel powered bus for sale in tulsa craigs list. engine was toast, but said rebuilt engine sitting on a pallet goes with it.

cheers, william
Thanks for the heads up! Dont see much people giving the replacement engine. Ill take a look to see if I find it.
TEAMROSARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #9
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Would you be interested in a repair job? I've got to replace inner/outer timing covers on my 2003 DT466E. I'm north of Orlando.

Heck yea! What bus do you have is it a pull or push style?
Pm me we’ll get linked up!
TEAMROSARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:43 AM   #10
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 20,611
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMROSARIO View Post
Heck yea! What bus do you have is it a pull or push style?
2004 CE300. Its a conventional shorty with a pre-egr DT466E.
I need to pull the timing covers, install new oil pump, new updated covers, and front crank seal.
Just too involved and big a job to try and tackle by myself.


I'll send that PM!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:57 AM   #11
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 9,030
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnakansas View Post
I saw a detroit diesel powered bus for sale in tulsa craigs list. engine was toast, but said rebuilt engine sitting on a pallet goes with it.

cheers, william
I couldn't find it either, can you post a link?
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×