Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2022, 11:34 PM   #1

Well, here we go...

I am new at this, in a way. I was homeless in the late 90s in NM and lived in a camper for a bit. I had little in the way of resources but managed quite well with what I had. Haven't had that experience in some time. Now coming full circle but instead of it being last resort I am going to retire as a nomad. How much of a nomad I will be is yet to be determined but I have an open mind...

My plan is to look for a shortie of some kind over the next couple of years, taking my time to find the right one. I will do what I need to to have it comfortable and safe and presentable. Fortunately I have mechanical skills so can do at least some of the work myself. Living this way seems much more popular (maybe out of necessity with real estate and rents what they are now) than it was.

There seems to be a great deal of expertise and wisdom on this forum. I will pay attention and try to learn from those who have gone before me. The next few years will be an interesting time for me - on purpose, which seems like the best way!

I look forward to getting to know some of you and mapping out this next phase of my life...

wesselenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 02:30 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Welcome to the site.

You are on the best track possible, in having the luxury of time, to find the right bus for your needs.

Too often people jump on the first thing they find only to sadly discover that they wasted their money in not finding the right one, for many reasons.

Take plenty of time on here researching the different types of busses before settling on anything.

Good luck and post pics if you get into the hobby at some point...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote