Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
1966 CUSTOM CROWN INTERCITY 35 FEET.

[b]And of course things change..........This is my most recent Crown purchase. I'll give a couple photo's and just the basics..........However, this crown has quite a story.........involving money laundering, prison sentences and Diplomatic Immunity.....not to mentions that this was a custom build for Hewlitt Packard-Neely in 1966 at that time fitted with the Pancake Cummins 743 and a 12 Speed Spicer..............Currently sits with a 375HP 855 Big Cam Turbo, and Mated to the HT750 auto 5 speed...........Too much to list to much to say about this Coach. Bottom Line this is the Crown I've been waiting a life time for: For Now I'll throw in a photo of how it looked at time of delivery to HP, a shot of how it looks today and a shot of the Interior...........Moki
Attached Thumbnails
HP17.jpg   HP15.jpg   hpcrown1.jpg  

Old 11-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: 1966 CUSTOM CROWN INTERCITY 35 FEET.

And a couple more shots............This is the Only Bus I have ever purchased with something called a conversion in Place. Typically any Coach that I buy is Seated or occasionally little more than a shell. SO I rarely have to get into mentions of extensive amenities: Not the case here. Crown already has stainless steel tanks installed and hooked up for all the various colors of water: As well thereis a flatscreen, In motion Satellite System, Leather Furniture, 8000 KW Kubota diesel generator Fresh Paint never seen the Light of Day.......bus sat 12 years: Part of the story the business owner, intended to take this coach to Sturgis California and sell it there: He set it up in a Harley Davidson Tribute theme.......his health began to fail, he sold his business and this Crown became part of the inventory at that sale. There were four of these coaches built, each built for Hewlitt Packard. First two off the Lines were Tandems, dual rear axle, and the following two, were single axle 35footers.....Lots more to this story. But I'm chastised to frequently for being too long winded in my posts...... Moki
Attached Thumbnails
hpcrown7.jpg   HPCrown.jpg   hpcrown8.jpg  
Old 11-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
Bus Geek

dude piss on the haters, that is pimp

thanks for posting
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Cool Bansil.......I think you understand by now I go as I go........The Tribute Intercity is not without issue, but all is within my scope to address. I seriously did not imagine I would invariably settle, or own such a very cool Crown.........Never imagined ownership outside the Skoolie genre...........this happened, I took a huge risk on this. The list of unknowns was far, far, far more extensive than what was known..........I do know the story I related, and I do know it runs, shifts, and handles spectacularly......it needs new rear tires, and perhaps brakes........I have the tires oredered, they will be mounted once the brakes are addressed. It may be an easy fix, as simple as "uncaging" them, or it may require new shoes...all "cans" and lines are brand new........Sometimes we bus dudes are capable of imaging where we want to go, our dream bus, our dream interior, and our dream destinations.

In this instance I truly never dreamed or imagined this bus. No Dream or imagining from this pea brain, dreamed the reality of it: As to Haters? They are as they are and go as they go and have more to contend with than I care to address. I just love my Coaches, love using them, driving them, sleeping in them, maintaining them: Love the places they take me, the feelings they awaken in me:........ ....Moki
Attached Thumbnails
HPcrown2.jpg   hpcrown11.jpg   hpcrown14.jpg