Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2021, 03:33 PM   #1

2001 bluebird diesel 8 cyl help!

I'm super new to skoolies, but have been research for months and looking to purchase one. This one is closest to what I need. The lady selling it just got it from public school auction and it was to big for her to drive.
All I know so far is it is 2001 bluebird diesel with 8 cyl. 6 windows and emg. exit, 193,000 miles and $6,500. She doesn't know the drivetrain.

Is this a good deal. I will mostly be living out of it, but will be maybe taking it on some road trips next year.

Any info you guys can get from the picture or your advice would be super appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
schoolbus2.jpg  

zsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:56 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
'01 IH with T444E engine, same thing I have. Good reputation engines with *TONS* of aftermarket support - mostly for the Ford 7.3 counterpart but the engines are 99% the same. (The computers are different as are a few other minor internal differences). They're not powerhouses by any means if you plan to get anywhere in a hurry.

Price is - well, a good bit more than I paid for mine, but given the current market it's not unreasonable. I'd offer 3500-4000 and see if seller will negotiate. Or if recent work justifies a higher price. It appears to be a "low roof" Blue Bird given that the top of the windows are lower than the top of the door.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote