I'm needing a bus as a moving van to get across country, then sell at the other end for a proper conversion. This one might be a good choice, and I would love any comments you might have.
The seller is a bus mechanic who buys several buses a year to resell them. He's four hours away. The ad says,
- 2002 Freightliner Thomas Body School Bus
- 24V Cummins with 204k miles
- Allison 2000 overdrive transmission, air brakes and rear air ride suspension.
- Overall the bus is in good condition and runs good.
- The bus needs a little cosmetic TLC and a good cleaning but that's about it.
- I have all of the maintenance records since it was purchased new.
He says the injection pump has been replaced, and it has the low lift pump warning trick installed. Tomorrow he'll be getting me the DOT codes from the front tires (says the backs are recaps, and that the tread is good all around).
Is this worth $2800? What should I look for when I arrive?