Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

6.9L Diesel Component Identification Help?

Hello All,

I posted this on another forum but I figured I'd check here too. My bus is built on a 1985 International S-1700 Chassis with the 6.9L Engine. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I've got going on but I need some help identifying a few things on the engine. I'm reckoning that they are some sort of sensors or sending units but putting a name on them would really help a lot.
-----
This one is located on the left (drivers) side of the engine at the very rear, kinda behind the intake manifold.

Notice the two wires that look like they belong with the sensor. Will it matter which way the wires are reattached? They seem to be a part of the glow plug harness.
-----
This one is on the left outboard side of the engine near the rear but not all the way back.

No wires or anything nearby that looks to go along with this one. Any Ideas?
-----
Finally, of the least concern is one on the right (curb) side of the engine, outboard, towards the rear.

-----
I appreciate any help you all can provide. Thanks and have a nice day.

Slim