Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
Bus Nut

A different type of bus business.

I see alot of talk here about party bus businesses. I am thinking of something a little different. It wouldn't be a means of making a living. More a way of subsidizing the expense of a bus.

My idea would be use a good sized bus to haul families/groups on vacation. You would serve as the host/tour guide. Seems like this would be a great vacation for a family or just a group of buddies. It would also be a pretty good time for the bus owner (hopefully).

I assume you'd need to have a CDL and probably jump through various governmental hoops.

Anybody ever try anything like this?

pete c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:50 PM   #2

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
I have been in the limo biz in CA for 23 years. Here you need to have a permit to operate with the PUC. They require commercial liability insurance, workmans comp if you have employees and other crap that doesn't come to mind right now. If it holds more than 9 pax, it has to be inspected by the Highway Patrol. You will need a CDL. Insurance will probably run $3-6000 per year. Reg will have to be commercial. So on, so on. Every state is different. My opinion, unless you want to do this full time, I wouldn't bother.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote